OT: Calipari throws Harrison's under the bus... | The Boneyard

OT: Calipari throws Harrison's under the bus...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He threw them under the bus right after they lost the game. Didnt he tweet out something to the affect of, Its your team now Tyler? Basically indirectly telling the twins its time for you to move on, whether you are ready or not. Everyone knew they needed more development.. Cal doesnt havent time for it at UK. At the same time, doesnt make sense that he couldnt make the tough decision to bench them when it really mattered most.

Reaction Score
He's just being really nice to everyone Scottzer, don't you dare try to throw anything negative on this wonderful person there are people out there in the BY who will hammer you! :eek:

God, that's absurd. People telling you that he's a good coach is not someone disagreeing with you that he's not a good human being. How can anyone who can log on to a computer be unable to tell the difference?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He's a blowhard. With that being said, there is nothing wrong with anything he said in this article.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He's a blowhard. With that being said, there is nothing wrong with anything he said in this article.

What's the point in throwing your players under the bus like that? Just say that it didn't work out and move on with your life. He's so concerned with his own appearance and how he comes off to the public that he puts his foot in his mouth all the time.

Reaction Score
God, that's absurd. People telling you that he's a good coach is not someone disagreeing with you that he's not a good human being. How can anyone who can log on to a computer be unable to tell the difference?

Huh? :confused: I was having some fun with sarcasm and this comes out?
I'm one of the ones saying he is a good coach wtf

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
A
What's the point in throwing your players under the bus like that? Just say that it didn't work out and move on with your life. He's so concerned with his own appearance and how he comes off to the public that he puts his foot in his mouth all the time.
All he said was he stayed loyal to the Harrison. I didn't read him say they played poorly or something. Can someone quote me the dickish part?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Huh? :confused: I was having some fun with sarcasm and this comes out?
I'm one of the ones saying he is a good coach wtf
Scratching my head on this. He rants about people not being able to tell the difference and ........:cool: he wasn't able to tell the difference. Some of us can be accused of being passive aggressive. But that is not in your vocabulary.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
A

All he said was he stayed loyal to the Harrison. I didn't read him say they played poorly or something. Can someone quote me the dickish part?

""Now you may say, 'Why didn't you have Tyler and Devin in at the end of the Wisconsin game? You probably would have won,'" Calipari said, according to USA Today Sports. "Because I was being loyal to those other two who led us to a championship game a year ago and they deserve to be on that court. That's why I did it. I knew who was playing well and who was struggling. You think I wasn't sitting there watching?""

Reaction Score
I don't even understand the purpose of making those remarks
1. You throw your former players under the bus
A. hurts those relationships
B. Could make future recruits question if you'll stand by them
2. The observation and assessment of his coaching strategy/decisions is useful introspection, but what's the upside of making it public? The statement actually does both blame the Harrison twins and it is an acknowledgement of a coaching mistake.
3. So the only purpose I can see is IF Calipari thinks the statement sells the concept; "I'm loyal to my players to a fault" - but just an outright stupid way to make that point.

Reaction Score
I still laugh at how Calipari thinks nobody remembers the teams that have won national championships.

Reaction Score
fleudslipcon said:
Scratching my head on this. He rants about people not being able to tell the difference and ........:cool: he wasn't able to tell the difference. Some of us can be accused of being passive aggressive. But that is not in your vocabulary.

Are you kidding with this? The intent of Mau's post was pretty clear. It's a constant refrain from guys like him and the guy who cooks up the kindergarten conspiracies, Paesano: if you say Calipari's a good coach then you love him and want him to be your kid's godfather.

Reaction Score
Are you kidding with this? The intent of Mau's post was pretty clear. It's a constant refrain from guys like him and the guy who cooks up the kindergarten conspiracies, Paesano: if you say Calipari's a good coach then you love him and want him to be your kid's godfather.

And guys like you are what? What a joke this post is - You are on the exact other end of what I am supposedly to you what a freakin hypocrite!

Reaction Score
What a disgrace. He shouldn't have even brought this up.

Reaction Score
. . . there is nothing wrong with anything he said in this article.
I suppose it's a matter of interpretation and personal opinion.
The message behind the words that I received was, "the Harrisons were playing like crap, leaving them in cost us the win, and ___________________________."
What goes in the blank? Doesn't matter. Could be, "and therefore you can see how loyal I am." or "and they earned the right to be there and I'd do it again." or "and there was real chance they'd work their way out of their slump."
Doesn't matter.
The mere utterance of the concept that leaving them in cost Kentucky the win is a body slam to them, and, given that it's a done deal that can't be undone, there was zero point to saying it, other than, perhaps, for Calipari to shunt blame for the loss on them. If you don't agree with that, then fine - we view the world and human interaction very differently.

If Calipari claims that he left them in out of loyalty to them, then one has to wonder where that loyalty went when he decided to call them out as having been the cause of the loss.

Reaction Score
very odd he would go out of his way to say he based his late game rotations on 'loyalty' vs wisc... then again lets not forget this is the same guy who says winnings chips is 2nd to producing draft picks ha .

Reaction Score
He's just being really nice to everyone Scottzer, don't you dare try to throw anything negative on this wonderful person there are people out there in the BY who will hammer you! :eek:

OK. But how was I supposed to know that's sarcasm.

Reaction Score
OK. But how was I supposed to know that's sarcasm.

My bad it seemed even with my seemingly negative position on the man, there was a hint of sarcasm but in defense of your post who would know that with me? All good BL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My bad it seemed even with my seemingly negative position on the man, there was a hint of sarcasm but in defense of your post who would know that with me? All good BL
The way I'd read your post (in my mind) was something like - "you've just said the safest thing you can say in here."

Reaction Score
I forgot that the Harrisons went 2nd round and undrafted.

How come there isn't more press about Calipari taking two Top-10 kids and failing to get them drafted in the first round? He gets credit for turning #1 recruits into lottery picks, but no blame for destroying other kids' draft stock.

Reaction Score
God I don't know why anyone would want to play for him.

come on, exposure! Didn't you know that the only games that go on television feature Kentucky? Year after year the NBA draft comes and goes... and only players who attended Kentucky are drafted

Reaction Score
I still laugh at how Calipari thinks nobody remembers the teams that have won national championships.

Especially when one of those teams is his... The logic is so flawed and asinine that it's scary. In trying to defend his choke job of 38-0, he is completely invalidating his championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom