OT- Calipari being awesome again | The Boneyard

OT- Calipari being awesome again

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
He should have said that before the NBA draft so that teams would know not to draft his players.

Reaction Score
My God the excuses don't stop. Just admit it, you got beaten by a better team. Period.

Reaction Score
Well if your program's goal is to develop players for the next level, instead of winning championships, as he stated back in April, then why would the players have been "stressed" against Wisconsin?? His excuses seem to change with each reporters questions and stories. But one thing is always true...the coach never takes responsibility for the losses of his teams !

Reaction Score
What a . Can we have another year where UCONN beats Kentucky to head or win the national championship? If we do, can't we collectively send the Squid packing to the NBA

Reaction Score
My God the excuses don't stop. Just admit it, you got beaten by a better team. Period.
Correction...............a better coach. Kentucky was the better team.

Reaction Score
Well if your program's goal is to develop players for the next level, instead of winning championships, as he stated back in April, then why would the players have been "stressed" against Wisconsin?? His excuses seem to change with each reporters questions and stories. But one thing is always true...the coach never takes responsibility for the losses of his teams !

Or anything else, just ask UMass and Memphis.

Reaction Score
Wisconsin was better in 2015 as a team as was UConn in 2014. Kentucky sorely lacks veteran leadership and that hurts them at crunch time .Veteran leadership is part of being a great team.

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous. They lost one game last year. That wasn't because of lack of leadership or a bad coach. It's because it's really, really hard to make it through an entire college basketball season without losing any games. The best team doesn't always win the tournament because a single-elimination tournament is a poor measure of the best team.

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous. They lost one game last year. That wasn't because of lack of leadership or a bad coach. It's because it's really, really hard to make it through an entire college basketball season without losing any games. The best team doesn't always win the tournament because a single-elimination tournament is a poor measure of the best team.

I agree in principle, but it's also fair to note that Kentucky only played two top ten teams all season (Wisconsin #3, Notre Dame #9) and could have conceivably lost both games (granted, they also could have won both, but you get the point).

They were obviously a great team, and in evaluating the entirety of their body of work, they were clearly the most dominant wire to wire. But I think Duke was the best team by April.

Reaction Score
I agree in principle, but it's also fair to note that Kentucky only played two top ten teams all season (Wisconsin #3, Notre Dame #9) and could have conceivably lost both games (granted, they also could have won both, but you get the point).

They were obviously a great team, and in evaluating the entirety of their body of work, they were clearly the most dominant wire to wire. But I think Duke was the best team by April.
This was something I was trumpeting all year. They were good, but not historically good, and maybe not even the best team. Their SOS was not impressive, and they really suffered from Florida's down year.

Reaction Score
To all the people who get annoyed at the squid obession or the lack of objectivity toward him, I have one question. Were you a die hard UConn fan and a frequent visitor to online message boards in the mid 90s when the squid was at umess? I doubt many, if any, of you were.

Reaction Score
With the exception of a crazy bounce here or there to cost you a game, I'd like to think that the best "team" actually does win 6 in a row for the championship. They are the ones who in the face of "win or go home" win everytime.
Also, having no losses has no relevance to losing to Wisconsin. If they had one loss going into that game, they still would have lost. It's a good excuse though if you're Calipari I guess.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I forgot between Cal and Pitino which one knows he is a BSer and which one believes his own BS as per JC.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, I forgot between Cal and Pitino which one knows he is a BSer and which one believes his own BS as per JC.

Pitino knows. Calipari believes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky