OT: Caldwell Jones | The Boneyard

OT: Caldwell Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I thought he played 19 years. RIP "Pops" Caldwell Jones.

Reaction Score
While most kids in this area were Bird or Magic fans, I was a Dr J/Sixers guy. Caldwell Jones was a great role player piece of some great Philly teams under Billy C (who was probably one of the best and forgotten coaches of his time).

Lionel Hollins, Mo Cheeks, Henry Bibby, Doug Collins, Bobby Jones. Really smart basketball players who all went on to coach at some level. RIP.

Reaction Score
I rememeber him well when I was a youngster and super big in following the NBA.
Classy guy.
What a family of talented ballers.

Reaction Score
I only remember him at the very end of his career... but I went to his wikipedia page to get a little more info and this statement stood out to me: "For 18 straight seasons, a Jones occupied the center position for the Albany hoopsters." That's unreal. I think the math is wrong and it's "only" 14 straight seasons between the four brothers but still... Crazy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
While most kids in this area were Bird or Magic fans, I was a Dr J/Sixers guy. Caldwell Jones was a great role player piece of some great Philly teams under Billy C (who was probably one of the best and forgotten coaches of his time).

Lionel Hollins, Mo Cheeks, Henry Bibby, Doug Collins, Bobby Jones. Really smart basketball players who all went on to coach at some level. RIP.

I was a big Sixers fan in the early 80's. Obviously Dr. J was the man, but Bobby Jones, Andrew Toney, Steve Mix, Bobby Jones and Caldwell were all fun to watch.

Reaction Score

Life long Sixers fan here... RIP to Caldwell Jones... member of the memorable Fo Fo (or Fi) Fo 76ers squad in 82/83 season....

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

Me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020