OT - Buying a House | Page 13 | The Boneyard

OT - Buying a House

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
All sorts of beer and mountain loving retirees exist in various Colorado locations, Asheville, NC, etc. Clearly, some move slower and many drink or inhale better than in younger years.
Yep.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
All sorts of beer and mountain loving retirees exist in various Colorado locations, Asheville, NC, etc. Clearly, some move slower and many drink or inhale better than in younger years.

The day weed is legal and I don't have to take a urinalysis is the day I will caution all to sell stock in beer.

Reaction Score
The biggest condo consideration should be who lives on the other side of your wall.

Reaction Score
Or, potentially after less than savvy condo purchasers or someone with a clue failed to scrutinize a condo community's overall physical condition, prior pattern of financial management, particularly capital reserves, etc. before purchase. Sounds like boog204 had a clue, some luck, or a bit of both ...

Some luck and some potentially dangerous assumptions based upon mere observations... But, I am in a pretty strong community so I cannot complain too much in regards to HOA fees. In retrospect, I'd definitely advise anyone going into the condo realm to look into how things have been managed as I've heard some horror stories.

Reaction Score
The biggest condo consideration should be who lives on the other side of your wall.

x10000000. Again, I've been fairly fortunate; although my current neighbors are beginning to wear on me. Obviously, given my avatar pic, I love dogs. I have another one, too. But my neighbors have four. Small ones. Who bark. All the time.

Reaction Score
Whether you are buying a home or condo, take the time and money to do proper due diligence

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My wife's sister spends 12k/yr for boarding and rides the damn thing maybe 2 times a year. Refuses to get rid of it even though she only visits it maybe 6 times/ year
Sounds ideal if you like to ride a couple times a year and she allows it.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
At what price or length of time do you think the renting v. owner equation doesn't make sense?

Reaction Score
x10000000. Again, I've been fairly fortunate; although my current neighbors are beginning to wear on me. Obviously, given my avatar pic, I love dogs. I have another one, too. But my neighbors have four. Small ones. Who bark. All the -ing time.

I think your neighbor might be on quite a few of my conference calls...

Reaction Score
Has anyone tried renting a house out?

I also thought about 2/3 family homes.
Didn't I share that thought (since that's what I did) in the other thread and you chose the opportunity to shat all over Hartford...?

Reaction Score
Anyone own property in Central America? I am looking at some places in Panama.

Reaction Score
On a different note an acquaintance of mine who's an estate lawyer for super wealthy people told me to expect property values to rise in this area (new England) as wealthy Asian are going to start investing in the area as they view it as the new silicon valley because of all the top universities, wealth, and nyc/ Boston dynamic
"this area (new England)" remains extremely diverse; wealthy investors still invest where good opportunity exists or they project will evolve. Not so much in say rural Maine, NH, VT or crappy towns and most rundown cities in CT, RI, MA.

With some familiarity with wealthy Asians buying in US and Canadian markets, most lean toward the west coast, major cities, centers of very highly respected education (pre-K through university), and cities with direct flights from/to Asia are preferred. Good Tri-state, including the Gold Coast, a little Yale influence around New Haven, and Boston school districts have been on the list for some time. Flow to other parts of CT? Not so much to date; one never knows, but highly doubt it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom