OT (but UConn mentions): What might Connecticut look like if the New England Patriots had actually moved to Hartford? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT (but UConn mentions): What might Connecticut look like if the New England Patriots had actually moved to Hartford?

Reaction Score
Mmm not what he said. Reading comprehension issue?

sarcasm...

I know...you never know when someone is literal or sarcastic...need a "sarcasm font".

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It is no given that UConn football would have benefited. The Patriots might well have sapped all the energy from CT residents leaving little left over for Huskies football. There is only so much money, time, attention, etc... that people can give.
I can kinda agree with this but there’s still enough crossover into NYG, NYJ, and other fans in the area. Not to mention Pats fans from all over ascending on the area. I’d still have UConn football season tix and go to maybe one Pats game.

Reaction Score
I don't give a crap about Connecticut residents or Boneyard posters for that matter. I do care that the Patriots in Hartford would have been huge for UConn recruiting, especially in state. The great in state players like AJ Dillon, Ben Mason, Zach Allen, Andrew Steuber, and many others that left Connecticut might have thought twice about doing that.

Y Tho?

Reaction Score
The Patriots coming to Hartford would have killed UConn football in its crib. A lot of money that went to UConn football tickets would have gone away, being spent on the NFL, and UConn could not have generated the excitement with 20k people in a 60k stadium that it generated for a decade by playing in a largely full smaller stadium. Now granted, killing the infant in its crib would have saved us the pain of having watched it grow into a child and then be slowly starved to death, but that's another story.

There is no way that having the Patriots come here would have helped UConn football. That doesn't mean Rowland wasn't an imbecile for having been played.

Reaction Score
I’m not so sure. I think more CT kids might have grown up as football fans if the Pats were in state. Instead, most grew up as basketball and baseball fans.

Reaction Score
I’m not so sure. I think more CT kids might have grown up as football fans if the Pats were in state. Instead, most grew up as basketball and baseball fans.

Any one have numbers as to how many kids from CT made it to the NHL while the Whalers were in town versus after? That could be telling with respect to football.

Reaction Score
The Whalers wouldn’t be too good of a comparison. The Pats are a dynasty. The Whalers were below average much of the time. CT kids wouldn’t have been able to help getting drawn in by the Pats.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That doesn't mean Rowland wasn't an imbecile for having been played.

Rowland was an imbecile for not having the proposed site cleared for building. I could never understand why the word "played" is used. What did the Pats get from making this move that they didn't have previous? Some infrastructure? If Rowland had all the ducks in a row there would have been a stadium built.

Reaction Score
I honestly don't even hate the Pats for all the SBs. They screwed over CT. That cannot be forgiven to me.

I'd love to have seen the Pats at Adrian's Landing with the Onrust moored next to it. It would like the Sox with the Citgo sign - a landmark.

Reaction Score
Rowland was an imbecile for not having the proposed site cleared for building. I could never understand why the word "played" is used. What did the Pats get from making this move that they didn't have previous? Some infrastructure? If Rowland had all the ducks in a row there would have been a stadium built.

What did the Pats get? The one thing Rowland expressly said he didn't want to give them. Leverage

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What did the Pats get? The one thing Rowland expressly said he didn't want to give them. Leverage
And what did they get for all their leverage that wasn't on the table before the Hartford deal?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom