OT - Build an Outdoor BB Court | The Boneyard

OT - Build an Outdoor BB Court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
i have a daughter heading into HS this year who has the BB bug! Travel, AAU and school hoops and want to create an outdoor half court court for her BDay.

I am thinking of digging down about 6 inches - some compacted stone -rebar - 3-4 inches of Crete and then maybe have a pro painter to come in for painting lines.

Anyone experienced locally in area with having done this wth any pointers? My thoughts are not too crazy to have the ability to tear out in 4 years don't want it to heave in frost. I have looked online at options and suggestions and looking for same here.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I worked for the top tennis court/bball contractor in new england for 5 years (left few years ago). We have done the tennis hall of fame, chelsea piers, Manhattan Plaza racquet club, along with many of the top clubs and high profile personal courts in new England.

If you have any questions or need material PM me. I also ran the line stripping division for couple years so if you wanted it striped I'll gladly do it and won't charge you close to the $500 you will probably get quoted.

Did landino's residence (contractor for yard goats) last year.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
PM me best contact number?!?!

Reaction Score
Always a good gesture to notify the neighbors before building. Gives them a better chance to sell their house.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Always a good gesture to notify the neighbors before building. Gives them a better chance to sell their house.
I think I am good - my neighbor came over last year and said she missed the dribbling BB sounds since her kids moved out - she was a former D 1 player and the First Selectman (I may need a permit).

Methodology is DA' Man - shared a ton of knowledge so far, reviewing my area/location photos, layout and other factors to consider.

First part of the plan was moving the Hosta's. (I don't believe in lying to my kids - but if asked the story is I am building a third parking spot).
upload_2016-4-26_7-28-9.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think I am good - my neighbor came over last year and said she missed the dribbling BB sounds since her kids moved out - she was a former D 1 player and the First Selectman (I may need a permit).

Methodology is DA' Man - shared a ton of knowledge so far, reviewing my area/location photos, layout and other factors to consider.

First part of the plan was moving the Hosta's. (I don't believe in lying to my kids - but if asked the story is I am building a third parking spot).

That's great. And you have a very good neighbor. My brother and I would play all day and night (7 days a week) on a hoop attached to our garage. The neighbors never complained, even when friends dropped by and it got noisy. Don't know why I now seem intolerant of the bouncing ball. Your neighbor is right, its only for a 5-10 year period anyway until the kids go off to school or leave the house.

Thanks for the post, it helped me check myself.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
View attachment 13388

You can park there. :)

I need to put a hoop in. Had a hoop at the old house, but moved in Sept last year... haven't had a chance.

Good luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS