OT: Bubble Talk - Pitt | The Boneyard

OT: Bubble Talk - Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just like with South Carolina, I'm picking on a team that many people have, I think, blindly put in the field, but who I think fall apart a bit when we look at the numbers.

Pitt is 19-10: RPI 50, KenPom 43, BPI 42
They have 1 Top 25 win, (H-Duke)
They are 2-6 vs. RPI 50.
3-6 on the road.
They have two sub-100 losses.

Non Conf SOS: 178.

Best OOC win: Davidson.
Next Best: Kent State (which should bring back some bad memories for them--good on them for avenging 2002 all these years later).

So we're again looking at a team that played no one out of conference, lost to pretty much all the good teams in their conference, and lost to two bad teams, too.

Are they in or out? I think they need to beat Syracuse in the ACC tournament. They're closer to the cut-line than people realize.

caw

Reaction Score
Just like with South Carolina, I'm picking on a team that many people have, I think, blindly put in the field, but who I think fall apart a bit when we look at the numbers.

They are 2-6 vs. RPI 50.
3-6 on the road.

Next Best: Kent State (which should bring back some bad memories for them--good on them for avenging 2002 all these years later).

So we're again looking at a team that played no one out of conference, lost to pretty much all the good teams in their conference, and lost to two bad teams, too.

Are they in or out? I think they need to beat Syracuse in the ACC tournament. They're closer to the cut-line than people realize.

Winner takes the bid probably.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
and Puke has how many losses and being looked at as a 4 or 5 seed????

Reaction Score

They are 2-6 vs. RPI 50.
3-6 on the road.

Unlike when you and Jerry ganged up on me I think Pitt is out if they don't beat Cuse.

Reaction Score
If you win 19+ games in the B1G or ACC you're an 8 seed. Are people talking about tOSU? Their record is really deceptive had a really favorable draw in conference but are awful. But hey 19-12 11-7 B1G you can probably pencil them in.

Reaction Score

They are 2-6 vs. RPI 50.
3-6 on the road.

I think the Pitt Cuse game is a playin game.

Reaction Score
Seems about right. They've had some good wins. After a few teams everyone has at least 7-8 losses. But I know it's BY protocol to dis Duke

Reaction Score
If you win 19+ games in the B1G or ACC you're an 8 seed. Are people talking about tOSU? Their record is really deceptive had a really favorable draw in conference but are awful. But hey 19-12 11-7 B1G you can probably pencil them in.

Ohio State has no chance of getting in.

Reaction Score
Ohio State has no chance of getting in.
If they win their first conference tournament game do you see a 20 win B1G team missing out? Has that ever happened? They're on no brackets right now on bracket matrix but they don't pick the field.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
If they win their first conference tournament game do you see a 20 win B1G team missing out? Has that ever happened? They're on no brackets right now on bracket matrix but they don't pick the field.
The PAC-12 regular season champion has missed the field in recent years. Those antiquated rules don't matter anymore.

Reaction Score
When you count the losses you're doing it wrong.

Can they beat top competition?
Do they lose to bad teams?
Did they schedule good teams?

Duke has 5 Top 25 wins. They smashed Indiana, the B1G champion (early in the year, but still). They beat Virginia, Louisville, and North Carolina in conference (three of the other four really good ACC teams).

They have exactly 2 losses outside the Top 50...and only 4 of their 9 are outside the Top 25. They do have 1 bad loss.

That's a team with a strong resume, definitely a Top 4 or 5 seed. Especially when Louisville and SMU are out of the conversation as well.

Reaction Score
Cuse and Pitt both in without doubt. They beat dook. That gains you instant entry into ncaa dance

Reaction Score
Cuse and Pitt both in without doubt. They beat dook. That gains you instant entry into ncaa dance
Okay. Call me when Clemson gets in.

Sorry to get on you about this, but I find this narrative--even as a joke--to be one of the laziest and least interesting of the boneyard's many hangups.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Okay. Call me when Clemson gets in.

Sorry to get on you about this, but I find this narrative--even as a joke--to be one of the laziest and least interesting of the boneyard's many hangups.

You can't tell me you don't buy the Duke in Greensboro joke though. (not this year mind you)

Reaction Score
I really dislike Pitt but they are tougher than Cuse and should win except for the fact that they don't perform in big situations, never have.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I really dislike Pitt but they are tougher than Cuse and should win except for the fact that they don't perform in big situations, never have.

yeah the is the a$$pucker bowl game.

Cuse wilts like a hothouse flower to Pitt on a routine basis.
Pitt collapses like an epileptic at a Rave in any big game tournament spot

Whose suckitude is more powerful?

Tune in to ESPN Wednesday afternoon to find out.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
If it's between UConn or Pitt for the last spot, they will take Pitt.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
yeah the is the a$$pucker bowl game.

Cuse wilts like a hothouse flower to Pitt on a routine basis.
Pitt collapses like an epileptic at a Rave in any big game tournament spot

Whose suckitude is more powerful?

Tune in to ESPN Wednesday afternoon to find out.

The elephant in the room here is that if KO could solve a 2-3 zone as easily as Dixon does regularly, we wouldn't be sitting on the bubble.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The elephant in the room here is that if KO could solve a 2-3 zone as easily as Dixon does regularly, we wouldn't be sitting on the bubble.
Dixons teams are always pretty much the best I watch with interior passing. ( and they are usually good on the glass too). Those two things are the perfect antidote to Cuse zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom