OT: BU wcbb coach and St. Patrick's Day in Boston. | The Boneyard

OT: BU wcbb coach and St. Patrick's Day in Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
While watching recent UConn games on ESPN, the "crawl" at the bottom of the TV screen often mentioned the current difficulties of the Boston U. wcbb coach. I don't dare post a comment about these allegations. But as St. Paddy's Day approaches (especially in cities like Boston), her name caught my attention.

The coach is Kelly Greenberg. Honest.

The thought that immediately leaped to my mind was that her name has got to be unique as a sort of an oxymoron.

And on Monday, perhaps she will shorten it (guaranteed to get her freebies at any bar in Boston) to just Kelly Green.:D

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
How is her name an oxymoron?

I said it struck me as "a sort of an oxymoron."

We know what an oxymoron is, don't we? Two words that contradict each other; e.g., "Jumbo shrimp," or (referencing the folks who toil in DMV and hassle drivers routinely), "civil servants."

Her name is Kelly Greenberg.

Kelly is clearly a classic Irish name. Similarly, "Greenberg" is a representative Jewish name. So she has an unusual name that evokes thoughts of "Abie's Irish Rose."

Enough already!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I said it struck me as "a sort of an oxymoron."

We know what an oxymoron is, don't we? Two words that contradict each other; e.g., "Jumbo shrimp," or (referencing the folks who toil in DMV and hassle drivers routinely), "civil servants."

Her name is Kelly Greenberg.

Kelly is clearly a classic Irish name. Similarly, "Greenberg" is a representative Jewish name. So she has an unusual name that evokes thoughts of "Abie's Irish Rose."

Enough already!
My kids are Jewish, like their mom, and have my Italian last name. The more you know...

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
I think the term you're looking for that best describes her name is "American." :p

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Reminds me of a Python skit.

"It's a palindrome"
"It's not a palindrome, the palindrome of Bolton would be Notlob!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors