OT: Brunch Buffet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Brunch Buffet

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nope. I grabbed a menu on its last soft opening day, but have spent much of the pandemic out of Westville, and haven't been to any restaurants more than a literal handfull of times.

During many summer neighborhood walks, I watched it take shape from abandoned bank at the end of my former block to a very attractive space, after eagerly awaiting for about 3 years.
You know who he is though, right? Same guy who did Roomba and Bespoke, a few Branford places, and now also Geronimo's and Shell & Bones.

I haven't been yet but several friends have and all have said good things. I am waiting for outdoor dining or vaccination, but looking forward to it. His ceviche is still the standard by which I judge all others (except for the scallop ceviche at Union League, which is a whole 'nother level).

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You know who he is though, right? Same guy who did Roomba and Bespoke, a few Branford places, and now also Geronimo's and Shell & Bones.

I haven't been yet but several friends have and all have said good things. I am waiting for outdoor dining or vaccination, but looking forward to it. His ceviche is still the standard by which I judge all others (except for the scallop ceviche at Union League, which is a whole 'nother level).
Oh yes, know who he is. The announcement and presentations a Community Management Team meetings were very hopeful. The mystery & delay were annoying. The naysayers who focused on parking, etc. didn't gain much traction.

I'm hopeful that a combination of factors will make dining out viable again, but mine's a long view, more into a late summer time frame.

If I remember correctly what thread this is, I wonder if I'll ever eat at a buffet again

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly what thread this is, I wonder if I'll ever eat at a buffet again
I've been thinking along similar lines as a result of this thread. I've been to 500 Blake St. on many different occasions over the years, including their brunch, but the thing with which I associate it most are a few annual holiday bar association parties there.

That made me think about those events in general, and how long it has been there has been one. Picturing them in my mind's eye, I see a very crowded room with lots of people standing close and talking, and reaching over each other to grab drinks, food, etc. You know the scene: a very convivial affair.

I wonder if, and, if so, when it will be that that type of indoor gathering will happen again.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Closed over a year ago
Posted over four years ago. But the replacement had pretty good brunch vittles pre-covid. I don't see it on the website now.

Reaction Score
I've been thinking along similar lines as a result of this thread. I've been to 500 Blake St. on many different occasions over the years, including their brunch, but the thing with which I associate it most are a few annual holiday bar association parties there.

That made me think about those events in general, and how long it has been there has been one. Picturing them in my mind's eye, I see a very crowded room with lots of people standing close and talking, and reaching over each other to grab drinks, food, etc. You know the scene: a very convivial affair.

I wonder if, and, if so, when it will be that that type of indoor gathering will happen again.
I hope I am wrong on this, but it seems like it could be up to 2 years from now for those close gatherings. I say this because the time frame for "herd immunity" is based not only on adequate supply and distribution of vaccines, but a willingness of enough of the populace to take the vaccine. This seems to be a problem. Some very traditional people that I know, say they want to wait and see. I don't know what their personal comfort level is before they will take the vaccine.

The projections vary as to whether 70 to 85% have to get vaccinated before the number of Covid cases either become minimal, disappear, or reach an annual amount that is very low. The hope is for the polio scenario where cases just disappear.

On the other hand, if effective antivirals are developed that can treat and blunt serious effects of the disease, coupled with an effective vaccine taken by 70 to 85%, then maybe the time frame could be some time in the fall of 2021 for a return to "normal." Fauci sort of implied this.

Enough supply and distribution, compliance, effective antivirals, not a new strain resistant to the current Covid vaccine, and then a resumption of those nice close gathering of professionals with lots of smiles and camaraderie in person, rather than on a screen.

Hoping for the best for everybody.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom