OT: Brunch Buffet | The Boneyard

OT: Brunch Buffet

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Would like to do brunch with my parents this Sunday... they prefer buffet style. If you've ever been to Dakota's in Rocky Hill for brunch, you get the idea. I'm guessing they are all booked up at this point but I'll call to make sure. Any other options in central CT?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Would like to do brunch with my parents this Sunday... they prefer buffet style. If you've ever been to Dakota's in Rocky Hill for brunch, you get the idea. I'm guessing they are all booked up at this point but I'll call to make sure. Any other options in central CT?
Adams Mill in Manchester.

Reaction Score
[/QUOT
Dakota is excellent!

Reaction Score
Technically still CT. Greenwich Hyatt Sunday brunch. Exactly what you expect when you combine the words Greenwich and Hyatt. Champagne free flowing. Crab legs, lobster, shrimp, prime rib, dessert bar. Buffet style.

One of those deals where you try to figure the price/value ratio and then realize not to bother. Pay. Get the immediate bonus nap after. Yes. They will keep filling your champagne glass.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This thread makes me miss Blake Street.
Screenshot_20210127-015239.png
Picture posted on Tuesday 1/26/21.

Reaction Score
Not sure if John Davenport's at the Omni in New Haven still has one.

Here is the website.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Closed over a year ago
This thread is from 2016. Adam's Mill has been closed for nearly two years. We drove by the building a few weeks ago. Looks to be a craft brewery now.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
This thread is from 2016. Adam's Mill has been closed for nearly two years. We drove by the building a few weeks ago. Looks to be a craft brewery now.
Thanks. I was going to suggest the Roy Rogers fixings bar. But I guess that's closed now too.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Still looking for a good brunch rec, thanks.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The new proposed use of the property. Maybe the new restaurant will be upscale. Time will tell.

At its best, the project will incorporate the West River more into Westville and increase its overall health as a combination walkable residential village and arts/entertainment neighborhood.

I live walkable to all of this, and there will be construction annoyances and potential for traffic disruptions after completion, but Westville has had untapped possibilities during the 8 years I've lived there, and especially since Delaney's burned down in 2014.

The 500 Blake St building was in neglect and decay for a long time. At least 5 different eating options have opened in Westville since the pandemic began

Curiouser
Reaction Score
At its best, the project will incorporate the West River more into Westville and increase its overall health as a combination walkable residential village and arts/entertainment neighborhood.

I live walkable to all of this, and there will be construction annoyances and potential for traffic disruptions after completion, but Westville has had untapped possibilities during the 8 years I've lived there, and especially since Delaney's burned down in 2014.

The 500 Blake St building was in neglect and decay for a long time. At least 5 different eating options have opened in Westville since the pandemic began
Have you been to Camacho Garage yet?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Have you been to Camacho Garage yet?
Nope. I grabbed a menu on its last soft opening day, but have spent much of the pandemic out of Westville, and haven't been to any restaurants more than a literal handfull of times.

During many summer neighborhood walks, I watched it take shape from abandoned bank at the end of my former block to a very attractive space, after eagerly awaiting for about 3 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom