OT: Broncos-Steelers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Broncos-Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I loved Phil Simms insisting that the 10 yard ducks Peyton was throwing were tipped by imaginary defensive players.

Simms quote of the night:

On the Denver 2-pt conversion: “I think it’s going to be run, pass, or maybe not.” Genius.

Source: the highly underrated twitter account @philsimmsquotes

Reaction Score
If Denver has a pass rush, that's the way the Giants always bothered Brady, he's not that mobile. I admit it's a tall order but not impossible.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If Denver has a pass rush, that's the way the Giants always bothered Brady, he's not that mobile. I admit it's a tall order but not impossible.

The Giants beat Brady by getting pressure on him in 2007, for sure. But it's fair to mention Brady was in a walking boot leading up to that game. As immobile as he usually is, it was even worse then. Also, the Giants D-line absolutely manhandled the Pats O-line. It was so one sided it was downright embarrassing; I don't expect to see that lopsided a showing again.

It's a bit of a myth that pressure bothers Brady more than most--no QB likes pressure. He's one of the most accurate and least sacked under pressure. Comes in ranked third behind Luck and Rivers against the blitz (via PFF). And he's also very adept at sensing the rush and moving around in the pocket.

Being bothered by the rush is definitely notable when he doesn't have Edelman though. When targeting Edelman on Saturday (10 for 16), while I forget the exact stat, the average time from snap to release was something under 2 seconds. Doesn't matter how good the rush is with that kind of timing.

And the key is you can only rush 4 guys. You've got to drop everyone else into coverage and flood the middle of the field. If you can get quick pressure with 4 guys you've got a good shot.

Specific to Denver: they have a great Pass rush, but the problem is that their linebackers are exploitable and that's something the Pats do very well. Brady should be able to get out a quick ball on those guys.

Reaction Score
No you don't. Tomlin mismanages everything under the sun. He's overrated imo.

Coughlin's a way better coach than Tomlin fwiw.
I'm a Steeler fan but not a big Tomlin fan. I would certainly have traded him for Coughlin. Not even a huge Chuck Noll fan as an on field coach.I might have won with that talent.
Cowher was by far the best of the three.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm a Steeler fan but not a big Tomlin fan. I would certainly have traded him for Coughlin. Not even a huge Chuck Noll fan as an on field coach.I might have won with that talent.
Cowher was by far the best of the three.

Love Bill Cowher. He is one of the few reasonable NFL guys commenting on the league these days. Wish he was still coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom