OT: Broncos-Steelers | The Boneyard

OT: Broncos-Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pretty boring game here, but set up for a great ending.

Big play by Manning looks like he tripped, got up, and toss a 30+ yarder, but damned if that didn't look like he was giving himself up the way he fell.

Reaction Score
I can't believe Pittsburgh keeps trotting Wheaton out there on these punts

Reaction Score
Kubiak was the worst hire. His offense is horrendous

Reaction Score
Kubiak was the worst hire. His offense is horrendous

One aspect of the Brady-Manning debate that is often overlooked:

Brady has benefited from having Belichick coach his team for 15 years.

Manning has been saddled with the uninspired and uninspiring Jim Mora, Tony Dungy, Jim Caldwell, John Fox, and now Gary Kubiak.

Reaction Score
The Brady/Manning thing isn't a debate anymore. And I say that as somebody who went to bat for Manning for a long time.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not a Pitt fan at all but love the way they have played all banged up and depleted
Damn wish the Big Blue had a HC like Tomlin
Broncs don't send me at all
If Pats are healthy going into Denver I think they come out as winners

Reaction Score
Didn't Denver already beat N.E. this season??

Reaction Score
Hoping for the Steelers to win because I thought they had a better shot to knock out NE with their offense (higher altitude and injuries affected their offense tonight)

Denvers defense did a good job shutting down NE in Denver in the last though, postseason or regular season.

Reaction Score
Mile high has not been kind to Brady. He is 2-6 at and 0-2 in the playoffs. Pats should be favored though, given the Broncos offensive woes.

Denver defense and pats offense are healthy so no excuses on either side. This should be the last Brady/manning bowl, I imagine.

Reaction Score
Big play by Manning looks like he tripped, got up, and toss a 30+ yarder, but damned if that didn't look like he was giving himself up the way he fell.

You can't possibly watch this and conclude anything other than he was taking the sack. Look how he throws himself on the ground and then how slowly he starts to get up before he decides to make a play.

Reaction Score
BigErnMcCracken said:
688876392457449472 You can't possibly watch this and conclude anything other than he was taking the sack. Look how he throws himself on the ground and then how slowly he starts to get up before he decides to make a play.

Yep, I thought he gave himself up, but they didn't blow the whistle and I'm glad he played through it!

Reaction Score
Didn't Denver already beat N.E. this season??

No Edelman, no Amendola, no Collins, plus Gronk got hurt in that game. But yes DEN won, so not sure why NE would even bother showing up Sunday.

Reaction Score
No fan of them at all, but with the Pats healthier now I think they win it all again. Denver won't have enough offense, and Carolina's very good (think they'll handle Arizona) but Brady/Belichick have too much experience at this.

Hoping I'm wrong.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No Edelman, no Amendola, no Collins, plus Gronk got hurt in that game. But yes DEN won, so not sure why NE would even bother showing up Sunday.

And Hightower went out in the 2nd quarter. That's why Denver started running all over them all of a sudden.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Damn wish the Big Blue had a HC like Tomlin

No you don't. Tomlin mismanages everything under the sun. He's overrated imo.

Coughlin's a way better coach than Tomlin fwiw.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Denver defense and pats offense are healthy so no excuses on either side. This should be the last Brady/manning bowl, I imagine.

As healthy as they can be I guess. Edeleman and Gronk are still coming along. Def healthy enough to play. And of course they don't have their #1 and #2 running backs and their #1 O-lineman anymore either. But that's life in the NFL.

The concern is Collins, Chandler Jones, and Mayo though. All three both left the game and didn't return, and the first two are 2 of the top 5 defensive players on the team.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You can't possibly watch this and conclude anything other than he was taking the sack. Look how he throws himself on the ground and then how slowly he starts to get up before he decides to make a play.

I just thought that was Peyton being old and decrepit.

Key to this game is stopping the run. If the Pats do that, they'll win. Peyton isn't going to beat you with his arm anymore.

I was shocked at how soft both teams defensive backs looked in that game. So many guys were wide open.

Reaction Score
I just thought that was Peyton being old and decrepit.

Key to this game is stopping the run. If the Pats do that, they'll win. Peyton isn't going to beat you with his arm anymore.

I was shocked at how soft both teams defensive backs looked in that game. So many guys were wide open.

I loved Phil Simms insisting that the 10 yard ducks Peyton was throwing were tipped by imaginary defensive players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom