OT - Brittany Boyd | The Boneyard

OT - Brittany Boyd

Reaction Score
Per Holly Rowe.....Brittany Boyd tore her achilles. Really sucks. Hurts the Liberty

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yeah, tough break for Boyd. I was watching that game when she went down. It looked like an ankle. Second game of the season. She's done for the year. That type of injury takes more time to heal than they have left in the season. You're right, this really hurts the Liberty.

Excerpt from ESPN article about Boyd's injury: "An MRI confirmed the injury, which she suffered in a loss to Minnesota on Thursday night. She will undergo surgery Monday, and it will be performed by the team doctor, Dr. Jo Hannafin. The Liberty did not give a timeline for Boyd's return.

[ARTICLE]

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Best wishes to Brittany! She was poised to have a big season. On the brighter side, this should give Bria more PT.

Reaction Score
Yeah, tough break for Boyd. I was watching that game when she went down. It looked like an ankle. Second game of the season. She's done for the year. That type of injury takes more time to heal than they have left in the season. You're right, this really hurts the Liberty.

Excerpt from ESPN article about Boyd's injury: "An MRI confirmed the injury, which she suffered in a loss to Minnesota on Thursday night. She will undergo surgery Monday, and it will be performed by the team doctor, Dr. Jo Hannafin. The Liberty did not give a timeline for Boyd's return.

[ARTICLE]

I takes about a year to recoup. When daughter fractured her ankle the summer before her freshman year of high school. When she went down, she was screaming in pain like I never saw her. Where she was grabbing I first thought her achilles. I was so scared for her. My first thought was there goes her freshman year. Might sound crazy but I was relieved when she took her sneaker off and I saw when the injury was.

Reaction Score
She was playing with more intensity than anyone else on the Liberty in that game.

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear Brittany..... Keep fighting to get back in the swing..... am pulling for you

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
She is fortunate to have a top notch trainer to help with recovery
upload_2017-5-21_9-15-24.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members