OT: breaking news...Urban Meyer of Ohio State | The Boneyard

OT: breaking news...Urban Meyer of Ohio State

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree, being a lifelong Buckeye fan and season ticket holder. Please do more research on the subject other than the spin of the national media, ESPN specifically is driving It played into the situation some (stress related) but the Cyst in the skull was the driving force. ----Sometimes you think sometimes you know and I have solid intel on this one. Thanks for the great job you do with our team
Neither of the articles I linked are from ESPN.

It is a fact that Meyer's assistant coach is accused of abusing his wife for years, over a decade, and the wife claims that Meyer has known about it for years and done nothing. If Meyer knew, he was legally required to report it under Title IX. He could be in legal trouble. I imagine OSU would like to avoid having him on their payroll when/if that happens.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
After the scandal the whispers said this was his last go round for OSU. Now, it's because of those same health issues he's had since his sabbatical. Nice, as Max Kellerman said, how these two reasons dovetailed. I just don't see this as permanent. Like fighters, coaches always feel they've got one good one left in them, no matter the age. Give this guy a year or two as a studio talking head and he'll be back wearing headphones.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
After the scandal the whispers said this was his last go round for OSU. Now, it's because of those same health issues he's had since his sabbatical. Nice, as Max Kellerman said, how these two reasons dovetailed. I just don't see this as permanent. Like fighters, coaches always feel they've got one good one left in them, no matter the age. Give this guy a year or two as a studio talking head and he'll be back wearing headphones.

Southern Cal will be in the market for a new coach after next season. Maybe Oklahoma as well..... for different reasons.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Southern Cal will be in the market for a new coach after next season. Maybe Oklahoma as well..... for different reasons.
How about programs that can still draw talent but has fallen on hard times, like Miami or even back to Florida? Also it may be dreaded and seem like a betrayal, but in two years I've a feeling that Harbaugh will have worn out his welcome in Ann Arbor.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

It is a fact that Meyer's assistant coach is accused of abusing his wife for years, over a decade, and the wife claims that Meyer has known about it for years and done nothing. If Meyer knew, he was legally required to report it under Title IX. He could be in legal trouble. I imagine OSU would like to avoid having him on their payroll when that happens.

Say next year the assistant coach gets charged and it comes out that Meyer knew, will Meyer be on the hook legally or will it be his former employer OSU? I hope itd be him personally, but I know when coaches commit infractions or something negative happens under their watch, they usually get off easy and the school gets stuck with the penalty long after the coach is gone.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Say next year the assistant coach gets charged and it comes out that Meyer knew, will Meyer be on the hook legally or will it be his former employer OSU? I hope itd be him personally, but I know when coaches commit infractions or something negative happens under their watch, they usually get off easy and the school gets stuck with the penalty long after the coach is gone.
Look to Penn State for an possible answer.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score

It is a fact that Meyer's assistant coach is accused of abusing his wife for years, over a decade, and the wife claims that Meyer has known about it for years and done nothing. If Meyer knew, he was legally required to report it under Title IX. He could be in legal trouble. I imagine OSU would like to avoid having him on their payroll when/if that happens.

Looks like many agree with you.

Urban Meyer Leaves Another Program Disgraced—and It Won't Be His Last

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom