OT: Bradley Braves | The Boneyard

OT: Bradley Braves

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I am most likely the only Bradley grad posting on the BY. The Braves can be an inspiration to any UConn fan hoping for an AAC tourney run. They were terrible for a good portion of the year and got hot in the tourney. The MVC is not the AAC but Bradley had to beat a good Loyola team in the semis after losing to them by 20 the previous weekend.

Reaction Score
I coached clay custer in high school, so I was sad to see him lose, but happy for Bradley. I coached against Eljiah Childs, and he was always underrated, so I am glad he found a good fit at Bradley.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
I coached clay custer in high school, so I was sad to see him lose, but happy for Bradley. I coached against Eljiah Childs, and he was always underrated, so I am glad he found a good fit at Bradley.
You had Custer and Richardson. That's a dynamic backcourt duo. Did you guys win state? Hopefully Wardle can keep the ball rolling for Bradley and doesn't get poached. Not to get too MVC but there is a good chance my friend's son gets the HC job at SIU. I'm sure you have met him because he's Moser's assistant coach right now, former Saluki Bryan Mullins.

Reaction Score

Any thoughts on the offense run my Mike Young? Since we are on a mid major chit chat. More personnel driven or scheme driven?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Was shocked Bradley hadn't won Arch Madness since 1988.

Arch Madness and the BET are the only 2 conference tournaments worth a damn. AM looks so fun every year.

Reaction Score
Was shocked Bradley hadn't won Arch Madness since 1988.

Arch Madness and the BET are the only 2 conference tournaments worth a damn. AM looks so fun every year.
It was interesting that after Wofford beat ETSU...reports were the gym emptied for the UNCG vs. Furman game. A game with potential At-Large (slim) tournament implications. It is what it is...

Reaction Score
You had Custer and Richardson. That's a dynamic backcourt duo. Did you guys win state? Hopefully Wardle can keep the ball rolling for Bradley and doesn't get poached. Not to get too MVC but there is a good chance my friend's son gets the HC job at SIU. I'm sure you have met him because he's Moser's assistant coach right now, former Saluki Bryan Mullins.

Bryan is one of my favorite coaches in the country. I don't think he would leave Porter yet, but he does a lot for that Loyola program and his Dad runs Illinois Wolves, which has been a good pipeline. He almost beat KU in the tournament, I believe in the sweet 16.

We did have Ben and Clay and they were great. We were probably the least intimidating team in the state, but they played the right way and they would just absolutely kill teams.

Reaction Score
They were 2/4 on state titles. Perry Ellis was in Wichita for the first two and he was a tough out.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
Two out of four is pretty darn good. Where is Richardson playing now? I don't know Bryan personally but I used to work with his dad. We actually played on a basketball together back in the day. He was kinda a lot better than me. I've followed Bryan's career and the Wolves program for many years. Bryan may not jump yet but I'm guessing he'll get an interview. If he takes the job maybe he brings his brother with him.

Reaction Score
Two out of four is pretty darn good. Where is Richardson playing now? I don't know Bryan personally but I used to work with his dad. We actually played on a basketball together back in the day. He was kinda a lot better than me. I've followed Bryan's career and the Wolves program for many years. Bryan may not jump yet but I'm guessing he'll get an interview. If he takes the job maybe he brings his brother with him.

Ben is in Poland playing professionally. And I agree, Bryan will be a star head coach one day.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
Nice to meet you Ron. I graduated in '84. Go Braves.

Reaction Score
Bradley is most famous for losing to CCNY in both the NIT, and NCAA Finals at Madison Sq. Garden in 1950, and being involved in the point shaving scandal that basically destroyed all of the NYC basketball powers except St. John's.

QDOG5

Reaction Score

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I can't believe I haven't seen Patrick O'Bryant anywhere yet this week. Totally expect to see or at least hear his name 5 times in their tournament game. That dude was a beast in 06.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
Frat guy Ron? I was a Theta Xi. Are you CT. born?

RON

Reaction Score
Frat guy Ron? I was a Theta Xi. Are you CT. born?
Phi Gamma Delta. Started the one on UConn's campus too. Born and raised in CT. Dropped out of University of Hartford in the beginning of 1986 and pulled Bradley out of a hat filled with random schools. Attended Bradley in the Fall of 86 and graduated Winter of 87. Visited the campus last year. A lot has changed, but I ate every day I visited at Avantis. After college, ended up in Charleston, SC until Hurricane Hugo blew me back to CT. I just moved back to Charleston in July this past year. Already planning to see UConn in the classic this November.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
I was a Bradley agnostic, then after reading this, I hope they get smoked.
The Journal-Star is literally the only newspaper in Illinois that gives a flying blank about Bradley. They're the only paper that covers the school team. I have no idea what publication would be getting the special access that the J-S was being denied. Maybe the school newspaper.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom