OT : Bower Show | The Boneyard

OT : Bower Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We started discussing this in another thread but would like to get more opinions... those who already shared feel free to join in again..

Does anyone listen to "The Bower Show" on 97.9 espn... afternoon show. Its basically like listening to 3 teenagers sit in their parents basement and talk sports. No inside info, no expertise whatsoever. Its a local show and they feature guests such as the San Diego Padres beat reporter. I have tweeted back and forth with them a few times. Bower himself isnt bad, but his underlings are like watchdogs and they get extremely peeved at the slightest bit of negativity directed at the show. Anyone else have an opinion on them?

Reaction Score
Never heard them, I prefer maddog radio on xm. Dino costa is the best guy on radio.

Reaction Score
They stink I usually cringe when I hop in the car at 4 30 and hear their useless opinions.

Reaction Score
That show is proof that blackmail works. Bower must have the President of ESPN on video snorting lines of coke with an under-aged baboon sittting on his lap......or something. As my man Charles Barkley would say "they are tuurrrible". Like listening to three adult men reliving the college frat days they never really had.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Today's listen to The Bower Show on the ride home from work consisted of them discussing the Kansas City Chiefs' draft strategy. I guess UConn didn't play one of the best college basketball games of the season last night...

Upon review, a check of Mapquest indicates it takes 22 hours and 11 minutes to drive from Newington (where I was when I mapquested the info) to Kansas City, MO. The local show has a broad definition of local I suppose.

Reaction Score
Any one ever listened to the Jay Mohr Show in the afternoons on FoxSports Radio? (early/mid afternoon Eastern time) Yes, THAT Jay Mohr...the comedian/actor. He's just a huge sports fan who's never done a show before, but with his whit and comedic presence, it sorta works in a west coast vibe kind of way.

Reaction Score
ohhh today we are discussing the AZ Diamondbacks upcoming season... this is fascinating stuff.

Reaction Score
I never thought that the afternoon spot on that channel could get worse than Jason Page. I thought wrong.

Reaction Score
they are bad. A few months ago they had Andy Katz on to talk about all the marquee opening games played on ships and hangars and the moon. They forgot to mention the UConn MSU game. I tweeted in calling them dopes and he took great offense to it. They have gotten better but sheesh might be a good idea to get someone who has a pulse on the local sports draw here. Moving from Philly to Hartford, I never though sports talk radio would be the biggest thing I missed. Coming from a daily dose of Tony Bruno to Bower was more than brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom