OT - Boneyarders I'd Like To Meet and Why | The Boneyard

OT - Boneyarders I'd Like To Meet and Why

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Here in St. Louis all we have is the Billiken message board which is 99.9% about the men. Interest in women's college basketball is very low. I don't know if there are any UConn fans in St. Louis unless Sluconn Husky is from here. I have met only two from the Billiken board, one of which was a former moderator. In reading some of the post on the BY, I sometime wonder how it would be talking to the poster in person. So, here is a list of posters I'd like to meet.
THE MODS WHO CONTROL THE BOARD WITH A FIRM HAND- Husky Nan, Biff, JS
THOSE WHOSE POST I USUALLY LIKE - oldude, Carnac, Charliebball, EricLA, JordyG, TheFarmFan, mudcat
THOSE WHO SEEM TO KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH RECRUITING - Sluconn Husky, (who answered a question I asked him) UConn Cat, (even though she ignored a question I asked her, the same one I aske Sluconn), CocoHusky
THOSE WHO SUPPLY US WITH A SCHEDULE OF UPCOMING GAMES - Shades, Plebe
MY DOO WOP BUDDIES - Bama fan, Jingo
THOSE WHO I THINK ARE CLOSE TO MY AGE - veryolddog, Kaizen
VISITORS FROM OTHER TEAMS - nwhoopfan, Conway Gmck, Gamecockfan 77, Secbbfan24, cockhrnleghrn, triaddukefan
There may be more but that is enough. Just expressing a desire that is Boneyard related.

Reaction Score
Thanks Donald .. yes i m a doo wop aficionado .. and have my own doo wop website; nydoowop.com
I too am a WBB aficionado and have had two all-city daughters play for Christ the King [Queens, NY] which produced SueB & TinaC and LorinD for UConn as well as ChamiqueH for [Ugh!] Tennessee...

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This is the first list I'm a member of that doesn't need the doctor to say turn your head and cough. That's why we're there. We also find the exam strangely comforting.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Thanks Donald .. yes i m a doo wop aficionado .. and have my own doo wop website; nydoowop.com
I too am a WBB aficionado and have had two all-city daughters play for Christ the King [Queens, NY] which produced SueB & TinaC and LorinD for UConn as well as ChamiqueH for [Ugh!] Tennessee...
You're a NYC boy too? Glad to know you. Christ The King is the only NY HS that has the worlds biggest permanent parking lot. The valets there don't give tickets, only epithets. To work as a teacher there you have to have majored in exorcisms. The school fountains pump holy water. But, they sure produce basketball talent.

Reaction Score
Here in St. Louis all we have is the Billiken message board which is 99.9% about the men. Interest in women's college basketball is very low. I don't know if there are any UConn fans in St. Louis unless Sluconn Husky is from here. I have met only two from the Billiken board, one of which was a former moderator. In reading some of the post on the BY, I sometime wonder how it would be talking to the poster in person. So, here is a list of posters I'd like to meet.
THOSE WHOSE POST I USUALLY LIKE - oldude, Carnac, Charliebball, EricLA, JordyG, TheFarmFan, mudcat
THOSE WHO SEEM TO KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH RECRUITING - Sluconn Husky, (who answered a question I asked him) UConn Cat, (even though she ignored a question I asked her, the same one I aske Sluconn), CocoHusky
VISITORS FROM OTHER TEAMS - nwhoopfan, Conway Gmck, Gamecockfan 77, Secbbfan24, cockhrnleghrn, triaddukefan
There may be more but that is enough. Just expressing a desire that is Boneyard related.
Did I make Honorable Mention? :)

Reaction Score
You're a NYC boy too? Glad to know you. Christ The King is the only NY HS that has the worlds biggest permanent parking lot. The valets there don't give tickets, only epithets. To work as a teacher there you have to have majored in exorcisms. The school fountains pump holy water. But, they sure produce basketball talent.
You're a Bvooklyn boy .. I went to Bvooklyn Tech when it was all boys... nice to meet you...

Reaction Score
I think he’s very much older than you. ;^)
Well, I have to admit that I am 77 years old. I am a UConn graduate: 1964. Wow, a long time ago. I live in Northeast New Mexico on a ranch and in the San Antonio, Texas area. I served in the USMC from March of 1967 to 1991. My products are hay, beef, and natural gas i.e. the stuff that comes from below the surface of the earth. I had a need to explain that because some may dispute that issue.

And, thank you for mentioning me.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
You can be on the dark side with me. :cool: Nobody wants or likes to meet me. When I do meet BY people in real life, after I introduce myself as meyers7, they usually take 3 steps back with a look of horror on their face. C'est la vie.
Well I for one, enjoyed meeting you. You shared a pair of playoff tickets with me a few years ago. We had a lot to talk about together.

For me, it was an honor and a pleasure to meet with Old Coach ( aka Warren Wetherall) at the Colorado State game back in 2003? He was very gracious and knowledgeable. He passed away a few years ago, and I will miss his insightful posts.

I guess Donald didn't mention me because he was jealous of my 1946 Wurlitzer jukebox looaded with classic doo wop songs. Jealousy is a green eyed monster.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Well, I have to admit that I am 77 years old. I am a UConn graduate: 1964. Wow, a long time ago. I live in Northeast New Mexico on a ranch and in the San Antonio, Texas area. I served in the USMC from March of 1967 to 1991. My products are hay, beef, and natural gas i.e. the stuff that comes from below the surface of the earth. I had a need to explain that because some may dispute that issue.

I have you by a year. So I guess I am a very old dog also.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Donald, I greatly appreciate being included in your list, although you might be disappointed when you meet me to find out I’m not really a balding, overweight oldude, but a fit, 22 yr old with his future still ahead of him......

I guess we can all dream a little from time to time.....:rolleyes:

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Well I for one, enjoyed meeting you. You shared a pair of playoff tickets with me a few years ago. We had a lot to talk about together.

For me, it was an honor and a pleasure to meet with Old Coach ( aka Warren Wetherall) at the Colorado State game back in 2003? He was very gracious and knowledgeable. He passed away a few years ago, and I will miss his insightful posts.

I guess Donald didn't mention me because he was jealous of my 1946 Wurlitzer jukebox looaded with classic doo wop songs. Jealousy is a green eyed monster.
I said there may be more. I could not think of everyone at the time I was posting. I would like to meet all doo wop lovers as well as ucmiami. Kaizen, I try to picture how a person looks and their age by the wording of their posts and for some reason I thought you were an older person and I was thinking the same of broadwayva, another poster I'd like to meet. The wording in your posts and his posts are different from other posters.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Donald, I greatly appreciate being included in your list, although you might be disappointed when you meet me to find out I’m not really a balding, overweight oldude, but a fit, 22 yr old with his future still ahead of him......

I guess we can all dream a little from time to time.....:rolleyes:
With your future where? ;)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
In general, I have yet to decide whether being on the "list" is better than not being on it. In looking at those on this particular list, I have concluded that being on it is a distinction, albeit a dubious one. All kidding aside, I am grateful for my inclusion. Meeting people with a similar interest is always a positive experience. What is best about the Boneyard is finding out that members have such an interesting and varied background apart from their love of WBB, UConn style. BTW, please amend your list to include @meyers7 , as he is just too damn happy to be excluded. Thanks to all here, and of course to @donalddoowop . Go huskies!

JordyG

Reaction Score
You're a Bvooklyn boy .. I went to Bvooklyn Tech when it was all boys... nice to meet you...
So did I Jingo. Yep, all boys. I remember having foundry just before lunch. one floor from the lunch room. Being first to a lunch room that held a thousand testosterone filled teens was heaven; for half a year anyway. I was only there for one year. I was so bad at chemistry my chem teacher told me if I passed the chem regents he would eat a piece of paper with egg on it. One day in the lunch room there was a young lady sun bathing on a rooftop on St. Felix. The rush to the windows sucked the air out of the room. I still currently live 12 blocks from Tech in Clinton Hill. By the way, for those who have never been to Christ The King HS, it is literally in the middle of a huge graveyard.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I don't think I properly thanked you. Thanks. Also, thanks to you and @Jingo for being purveyors of the first music I ever heard live (which was in the hallways of my tenement and the street corners of my block), and the first music I fell in love with.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
You can be on the dark side with me. :cool: Nobody wants or likes to meet me. When I do meet BY people in real life, after I introduce myself as meyers7, they usually take 3 steps back with a look of horror on their face. C'est la vie.
tenor.gif

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I will be flying back to Connecticut to visit my family (my dad and step mom are UCONN grads and season ticket holders) and we attend the conference tourney's together. In the past, I've foregone the American tourney for the regionals in Bridigeport, but this year, no regionals.

Those games are a GREAT time to meet fellow BY'ers. Usually someone will post a meeting place before the UCONN game - it's usually at one of the enterances. @MilfordHusky and I will be sitting together and will have our UCONN garb on so you can't miss us LOL.

It's funny - in the past we have talked about getting BY tshirts with the boneyard on the front and our screen names on the back, but it never materialized. I wonder if @Biff could find an old BY pic and put our names in? I have no idea how to edit photos but there are numerous people on here much smarter than I at that stuff...

It is always fun to put names with faces. Most people I meet look different than I expected. Not good or bad - just different.

As for visitors, I've meet @CamrnCrz1974 numerous times. I'd love to say something snarky, but he's just a really good guy, even if he is a Dookie...

Next season I plan on going to San Diego to see Ice Brady play. I know there are several west coasters out here and will hopefully hook up with them. @Golden Husky, @ochoopsfan, and @CT2SanDiego are 3 I can think of off the top of my head. Are there more out here???!!!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

Thank you for your service of 24 years @veryolddog, Officer or Enlisted? I also served 24 years, 73-97. I got tired of a lot of the changes, i.e. babysitting was not what I wanted to do. I decided to retire instead of staying a minimum of 4 more years, 2 years to get pinned SGM and 2 years after pinning them on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom