OT - Bob Stoops out @ Oklahoma. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Bob Stoops out @ Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
He made a quality of life decision on a random Wednesday in June? He signed an extension worth ~$30 million just last year.

It is just a little strange to me for a 56 year old. We will see if anytbing comes out though.

As always - anything is possible.

This piece from the SI piece above tends to ring true for me:

>>Stoops made the decision he wanted to make. He didn't want to be his generation's Joe Paterno. Stoops' father, Ron Sr., died on a high school football sideline of a heart attack at age 54. Stoops wants to enjoy his life. He wants to watch his twins, Drake and Isaac, play their senior year of high school football and their college ball, too. He likes to travel and to tee it up. He and his wife Carol just bought a 5,500-square-foot row home on the Gold Coast in downtown Chicago, where they have had a vacation home for more than a decade.<<

As one of the national guys pointed out - there is no "good" time to announce it as coaching is now a year round cycle. If he had any doubt on his continued passion - pull the plug w/ the program in good hands and go out on top.

Hey... maybe he didn't want to coach in the B1G;)

Reaction Score
Possible that there's something else to the story.

Possible that it was planned.

Possible that he woke up one morning as the season approached and realized that he just doesn't want to do this S$&+ anymore . . .

Reaction Score
When you have earned money, you have the right to walk anytime you want. Glad he didn't have to include in his retirement statement (publicly or privately).

** were originally 2 letters beginning with F and ending in U.

Haha I beat the profanity program.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
What's perhaps weirder to me than Stoops stepping down is that they hired someone with no HC experience and very limited coordinator experience to run one of the biggest programs in CFB. I get that at this point no one else is even available, but just doesn't seem like a good move.

Reaction Score
What's perhaps weirder to me than Stoops stepping down is that they hired someone with no HC experience and very limited coordinator experience to run one of the biggest programs in CFB. I get that at this point no one else is even available, but just doesn't seem like a good move.

But what they do have is a stable experienced coaching staff in place. Not some young buck picking friends and former coaches acquaintances to run a program and change a culture.

Reaction Score
What's perhaps weirder to me than Stoops stepping down is that they hired someone with no HC experience and very limited coordinator experience to run one of the biggest programs in CFB.

Lincoln Riley has been an OC for 6+ years?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom