OT: Bo Ryan Retiring Immediately | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Bo Ryan Retiring Immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That was the oddest part of an already odd story. "I have had a chance to tell everyone on my staff". Did he decide to retire during a third quarter commercial stoppage?
bo-ryan-121615-getty-ftrjpg_yuf3k6602v131lfd36sgcu7ls.jpg

"You know, more golf would be good. Yeah, I'm done."

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
You forgot Jeff Jacobs who will probably write a column about it and the Gomes press conference this week since there's nothing else going on. :D

Yeah, and Brian Kuntz, too. He probably has a statue of Kayeske on the dashboard of his Prius.

So that makes it 5.

Reaction Score
That was the oddest part of an already odd story. "I have had a chance to tell everyone on my staff". Did he decide to retire during a third quarter commercial stoppage?

Was the press conference just the normal post game press conference?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
THAT is what stands out to you as the defining element of JC's career? Three people on the planet give a crap about that any more. Krayeske, his mother, and evidently, you.

Actually, it was one of JCs funniest post game conferences ever. I'll always remember it. I STILL watch the reply now and again.

Reaction Score
Not exactly, this is an abrupt and unexpected mid-season bombshell. But it does accomplish the same thing.
More like a Bob Knight. Get 902 wins and hand the keys off to your son midseason. At least in that instance he was clearly checking the box on a career achievement and checking out afterward.

Then there was Lute Olson, which was not a midseason retirement, but was just as abrupt. That one is probably more similar as it was personal issues that pushed him to retire a week before the season started.

Reaction Score
More like a Bob Knight. Get 902 wins and hand the keys off to your son midseason. At least in that instance he was clearly checking the box on a career achievement and checking out afterward.

Then there was Lute Olson, which was not a midseason retirement, but was just as abrupt. That one is probably more similar as it was personal issues that pushed him to retire a week before the season started.

I love what you did with the Kodak account.

Reaction Score
Bingo!!!! Alvarez is not in favor of Bo's choice. By retiring now, he forces the issue.

Wonder if Alvarez holds some resentment toward Bo arguably being a more successful coach of a major Wisconsin sports program.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Wonder if Alvarez holds some resentment toward Bo arguably being a more successful coach of a major Wisconsin sports program.
I've heard that, while they respect each other, they don't see eye to eye on very many issues. I guess the next coach falls in that category.

Reaction Score
I've heard that, while they respect each other, they don't see eye to eye on very many issues. I guess the next coach falls in that category.

Alvarez probably just being too hands on. I'd be pissed too if I were Bo, he's earned the right to run the program how he sees fit. They're constantly successful, don't have any academic/behavioral/recruiting scandals, and have put a surprising amount of guys into the NBA in his time.

Reaction Score
THAT is what stands out to you as the defining element of JC's career? Three people on the planet give a crap about that any more. Krayeske, his mother, and evidently, you.
Really? and anyone who agrees with you over and over again

Did I stick up for the writer, who you apparently memorized the name of and I have not thought of in years? It is one of my alltime favorite Calhoun moments, but I can be objective enough to understand that it was still rude of Calhoun, just a rude move that I enjoyed the hell out of

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Really? and anyone who agrees with you over and over again

Did I stick up for the writer, who you apparently memorized the name of and I have not thought of in years? It is one of my alltime favorite Calhoun moments, but I can be objective enough to understand that it was still rude of Calhoun, just a rude move that I enjoyed the hell out of

Memorized? Why? That's what Google is for.

Reaction Score
Last season a Syracuse buddy of mine made some post on facebook, can't even really remember what it was but it had some sort of UConn/Calhoun relevance. He's a Uconn hater and still is mad that Calhoun threw a ball at his head when he was a kid at his camp and wasn't paying attention to a talk Calhoun was giving. The funny part was Ken Krayeske made a couple of replies bashing Uconn/Calhoun. I recognized the name immediately and went into full attack dog mode, called him out on everything and said he'll always be remembered as the nebbishy who got owned by Calhoun. A bunch of other people chimed in about what a putz he is and Krayeske disappeared from the thread. Not a big fan of cyber bullying but I have to say I got some sick enjoyment from this.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
superjohn said:
Last season a Syracuse buddy of mine made some post on facebook, can't even really remember what it was but it had some sort of UConn/Calhoun relevance. He's a Uconn hater and still is mad that Calhoun threw a ball at his head when he was a kid at his camp and wasn't paying attention to a talk Calhoun was giving. The funny part was Ken Krayeske made a couple of replies bashing Uconn/Calhoun. I recognized the name immediately and went into full attack dog mode, called him out on everything and said he'll always be remembered as the nebbishy who got owned by Calhoun. A bunch of other people chimed in about what a putz he is and Krayeske disappeared from the thread. Not a big fan of cyber bullying but I have to say I got some sick enjoyment from this.

Eh, screw krayeske. I'm here for more delicious deetz on JC winging a ball at a Syracuse child's head. I didn't think it was possible I could love the man any more than I do, but that has my loins stirring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom