Ot:Black Friday deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Post your best score today.
Got an ipad 2air 128GB for $327

Reaction Score
Ah my hometown.
Well you deserve it then. Sounds like a great deal. It would take 4000 dollars in free vouchers to step foot in a brick and mortar today but that just me. I don't like people. ;-)

Almost no line at 945am

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Grabbed a cast-iron skillet for $10 from Macy's. Questioning how long it will last but at $10 I figured it's worth finding out
Cast iron ( real good cast iron) can last forever if taken care of properly and seasoned properly. In fact I have 70 plus year old one I inherited from a grandmother. It's all I cook in and it is pretty much better than even non stick because it's taken care of

Reaction Score
......wife and two college age daughters out shopping now.....I'm in a quiet house after hosting family yesterday....watching college football and eating turkeyday leftovers.

That's my big score today. :)

Reaction Score
Cast iron ( real good cast iron) can last forever if taken care of properly and seasoned properly. In fact I have 70 plus year old one I inherited from a grandmother. It's all I cook in and it is pretty much better than even non stick because it's taken care of

Agreed. If it's cast iron, it's cast iron. Read up on them and like everyone said, season it properly.

Also, on the same topic, this is one of the best hacks I've ever found.

http://wegotreal.com/make-stainless-steel-pan-non-stick/

I had a couple cheap stainless steel saute pans that I use pretty much daily and, 4-5 years later, are still as non-stick as could possibly be.

Reaction Score
How does it rank next to your deli slicer?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Also, if you buy one of these, you can join the most secret of secret sub forums on the Boneyard.

I don't want to name names, but it is an elite group.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Agreed. If it's cast iron, it's cast iron. Read up on them and like everyone said, season it properly.

Also, on the same topic, this is one of the best hacks I've ever found.

How to Make a Stainless Steel Pan Non-Stick - We Got Real

I had a couple cheap stainless steel saute pans that I use pretty much daily and, 4-5 years later, are still as non-stick as could possibly be.

Do you retreat them before every use?

Reaction Score
Coffee and a veggie egg white flatbread from Dunkin Donuts - $5.34.
Nothing like microwaved eggs. We should start a Dunkin Donuts microwaved eggs thread next to out CT. Pizza thread.

Reaction Score
Jaybird x3 bt headphones $99 bestbuy
Santini bike bibs $65

There's some kitchen gadgets I'm close to pulling the trigger on... Immersion circulator and multipurpose pressure cooker on Amazon.

All from home if course. If I went to lenox mall in buckhead I'd probably have a heart attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom