OT: Bill Walton | The Boneyard

OT: Bill Walton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watch the video here: https://twitter.com/RobDauster/status/576361278110838784

Bill Walton: While you are here glorifying hate, glorifying dirty play, glorifying flagrant fouls and selfish individual play, I’m going to celebrate the birthdays of peace & love with Jack Kerouac, Liza Minnelli and James Taylor, who have all been big-time, headline performers right here in Las Vegas, the peaceful, relaxing meadows in the heart of the Mojave desert

Dave Pasch: SportsCenter is up next here on ESPN

Bill Walton: You ever been to a volcano?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
tcf15 said:
Watch the video here: https://twitter.com/RobDauster/status/576361278110838784 Bill Walton: While you are here glorifying hate, glorifying dirty play, glorifying flagrant fouls and selfish individual play, I’m going to celebrate the birthdays of peace & love with Jack Kerouac, Liza Minnelli and James Taylor, who have all been big-time, headline performers right here in Las Vegas, the peaceful, relaxing meadows in the heart of the Mojave desert Dave Pasch: SportsCenter is up next here on ESPN Bill Walton: You ever been to a volcano?

Waltons the best.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
8893 said:
Tremendous. Thank you for sharing. Ran into him at many a Dead show across the country, but clearly he's done something a lot more than I have.

I've done shows with him. He used to hang with Healy at the soundboard for a good amount of time. We would always be in the tapers section right behind it and night after night he would recognize us. It became a great hook up because he always had a full cooler of beer with at the board and would feed us Beers ( st pauli girls) all show long which was great as we never wanted to have to leave our spots at front of tapers section.
He would somehow catch shows while the hoops season was still active and be on the bench the next day!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've done shows with him. He used to hang with Healy at the soundboard for a good amount of time. We would always be in the tapers section right behind it and night after night he would recognize us. It became a great hook up because he always had a full cooler of beer with at the board and would feed us Beers ( st pauli girls) all show long which was great as we never wanted to have to leave our spots at front of tapers section.
He would somehow catch shows while the hoops season was still active and be on the bench the next day!
But how did you ever recognize him?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ha.

Walton would look like a garden variety deadhead..... If he was 16 inches shorter.
Saw him, McHale and Bird at a show at the Worcester Centrum one year. IIRC it was Walton's birthday and they sang "Happy Birthday" to him. He may have been on stage banging a cowbell or something for "Women Are Smarter," but it gets hazy after that.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
8893 said:
Saw him, McHale and Bird at a show at the Worcester Centrum one year. IIRC it was Walton's birthday and they sang "Happy Birthday" to him. He may have been on stage banging a cowbell or something for "Women Are Smarter," but it gets hazy after that.

November 85

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
The volcano line made me think of this, "Joey, have you ever been…in a Turkish Prison?"

Reaction Score
What a pair, Dave Pasch is the perfect straight man for his hallucinogenic-fueled ramblings. These two should do the Final Four.

Reaction Score
Ran into him after he filmed a commercial at the UConn Health Center lobby. There is nothing red about him anymore. He is one big dude.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
rode an elevator in NYC one day with him. Stupidly asked what he thought of UConn and JC instead of asking about him about seeing Jerry at the pyramids

Reaction Score
Bill Russell won 2 state championships in high school, 2 national championships in college, an Olympic gold medal and 11 NBA championships. That's 16 championships in a 19 year span. Simply mind boggling.

But I agree, Walton was an amazing college player.

Reaction Score
"most dominant" college player I might go with Lew Alcinder (pre-Kareem UCLA days).

most entertaining player ever...Pete Maravich. Never seen anything like "The Show".

but for "best" college player ever, I'd vote for Oscar Robertson. Averaged 34 ppg over his 3 year college career. Most players would die to have one game with those numbers. 6'5" shooting guard. Incredible player.

Best electric player ever...David Thompson NC St. Michael Jordan, in college, was a poor mans version of David Thompson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom