Power of Love
Reaction Score
7LgF.gif

The greatest opening in TV history.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Gotta love the off season.

Texas Tech is in Lubbock. That is less than 2 hrs from Amarillo and “across town” by Texas distance
Definitely a night out distance, akin to heading up to a Red Sox game and coming home late.

While watching Ted Lasso, I actually mapped out a trip that could include the Big Texan, Sisemore's RV Museum, Cadillac Ranch, the Helium Monument, and maybe even Palo Duro Canyon, though that's best in summer when you can see Texas, the Musical. There's a good size adult store near Big Texan too.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Definitely a night out distance, akin to heading up to a Red Sox game and coming home late.

While watching Ted Lasso, I actually mapped out a trip that could include the Big Texan, Sisemore's RV Museum, Cadillac Ranch, the Helium Monument, and maybe even Palo Duro Canyon, though that's best in summer when you can see Texas, the Musical. There's a good size adult store near Big Texan too.
Need the Simpsons avi back man.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Need the Simpsons avi back man.
Agreed, but I forgot how to reload it when I tried to bring it back after the Tournament. I feel like I need tech support, so I stepped away from feeling dumb on the matter.

I'm glad the Louisville banner disappeared, but it did serve its mojo purpose in securing NC #5.

Reaction Score
The greatest opening in TV history.
Best part of the story is that the guy retired to his little village in Slovenia, and for years never knew he a celebrity of sorts in America.

“The melodrama of the narration—which became a catchphrase in the US—transformed the uncredited ski jumper into an American icon of bad luck and misfortune. Meanwhile, having retired to his quiet, private life in Slovenia, Bogataj was unaware of his celebrity, and so was surprised to be asked to attend the 20th anniversary celebration for Wide World of Sports in 1981.[2] He received the loudest ovation of any athlete introduced at the gala,[2] and attendees such as Muhammad Ali asked him for his autograph.[1]

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Is today the day? I have a good feeling. The grill is heated up we are heading into lunch time, do we get an early entry who fasted all last night?

Stay tuned~!

Reaction Score
Thinking about lunch. Looks like a father/son team getting some quality time with the boxes of shame.

shame.JPG

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ah the old put a raw steak on the grill and then use the same tongs to take off a steak and serve it...

Reaction Score
We've got Billy Ho coming out of retirement. White Men Can't Chomp. He's got a pretty good pace though 20 minutes in.

billy ho.JPG

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
James Webb just put up the second best time in the history of the challenge. 6 minutes and 28 seconds. Yes. You read that right.
Did he cut the steak into 10 oz. pieces and swallow them whole?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Some highlights. Animal

Reaction Score
Guy’s sort of approaching annoying show off.

Wasn’t enough he did the egg head space telescope thing, he’s also got to show he can out “man of the people” us mere mortals with his extraordinary meat eating talent.

Have to admire him, but still…

CL82

Reaction Score
James Webb just put up the second best time in the history of the challenge. 6 minutes and 28 seconds. Yes. You read that right.
First he develops a telescope that gives us views of the universe here to for Unknown and now he shatters the big Texan record. Is there no end to his gifts to mankind.

CL82

Reaction Score
Some highlights. Animal

Lol, look at the other dude's plate who's sitting with him. He's had like two bites by the time Webb hits the clock. Amazingly, that was only the second fastest time in Big Texan history.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The event has an 11% success rate. It's not unworldly to beat it. The way August was blowing it up I thought 4 people ever had beaten it. It's like 11,000.
100,000 people tried? This has to be one of the more successful promotions ever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom