OT: Best place to go camping in CT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Best place to go camping in CT

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I booked a spot at dry river campground for three nights in august. It's just a bit west of Harts Location. I would have preferred one of the fed campgrounds, but my wife needs showers. My son is 5 but loves to explore and loves camping. I'm open for suggestions for next year.
Is that Crawford Notch? I think I've stayed there.

So for your son, I'd do the Flume, the Basin, and Cannon Mountain tram. You might have to carry him a bit for the Flume, but he'll like gorge and all the walkways. Definitely drive to the top of Washington, or consider the Cog Railway.

Echo Lake would be fun, and gives him a chance to swim.
4708fdd556813774a86c0aeff1543e43.jpg

There are two easy 'mountain hikes' there, the north and south Bubble. They are very 'doable' for him. I think that there is a place there where you can get blueberry tea, and blueberry muffins, so that could be a nice break for the wife.

That's what immediately comes to mind, if I think of more I'll PM you.

I love the area. It should be a blast.

Reaction Score
Love the Kanc campgrounds - but you may need to fight off the bears. Jigger Johnson and Pasaconway cgs are out in the middle of the Pemi and very nice.

Reaction Score
We tent camp every year. I also have 3 small kids so for last few we have done the park at Lake Waramaug in Kent. It is tent only, not too big, and folks respect the early quiet time (think 10 or 11). Not the biggest place, but depending on what you're looking for it is an easy do option.

That place rocks. I like American Legion and Peoples State Forests

DEEP: American Legion and Peoples State Forests

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is that Crawford Notch? I think I've stayed there.

So for your son, I'd do the Flume, the Basin, and Cannon Mountain tram. You might have to carry him a bit for the Flume, but he'll like gorge and all the walkways. Definitely drive to the top of Washington, or consider the Cog Railway.

Echo Lake would be fun, and gives him a chance to swim.
4708fdd556813774a86c0aeff1543e43.jpg

There are two easy 'mountain hikes' there, the north and south Bubble. They are very 'doable' for him. I think that there is a place there where you can get blueberry tea, and blueberry muffins, so that could be a nice break for the wife.

That's what immediately comes to mind, if I think of more I'll PM you.

I love the area. It should be a blast.
This in in CT?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom