OT: Best HS player in CT | The Boneyard

OT: Best HS player in CT

Reaction Score
In my opinion. And ive seen the girls who most people are talking about.
Pinkney (seton Hall)
Ferguson (UMass)
Mayo (Marquette)

Hands down is MacKenzie Nelson at St.Luke's . There is no weakness in her game. Speed. 3-point range. Handle. Character.
Played at Greenwich HS as a frosh. She's the 2nd girl since Maria Conlan that I've thought can play at UConn (Gillespie from Capital Prep had the skills). I know we got verbals from two guards from '23. But she is awesome!!! She is a HIGH D-1 talent.

Reaction Score
I always like to see at least one CT player on both the Men's and Women's teams. The Gatorade Player of the Year each year should be good enough to at least get some bench minutes.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I always like to see at least one CT player on both the Men's and Women's teams. The Gatorade Player of the Year each year should be good enough to at least get some bench minutes.
The last heralded D-1 CT recruit to attend UConn was Sales. Conlon was a bit of a surprise, especially playing alongside Taurasi. I think it's a challenge for players to want to attend UConn, knowing that their PT will be limited based on who is on the roster. As we're seeing with the 1000 players in the portal, everyone wants something from a school, so if they don't think they can get it, they will go elsewhere.

Reaction Score
The last heralded D-1 CT recruit to attend UConn was Sales. Conlon was a bit of a surprise, especially playing alongside Taurasi. I think it's a challenge for players to want to attend UConn, knowing that their PT will be limited based on who is on the roster. As we're seeing with the 1000 players in the portal, everyone wants something from a school, so if they don't think they can get it, they will go elsewhere.
Recruiting wasn't as publicized back then as now. Do you go back far enough to remember if Auriemma seriously recruited Nadine Domond out of Bridgeport?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Recruiting wasn't as publicized back then as now. Do you go back far enough to remember if Auriemma seriously recruited Nadine Domond out of Bridgeport?
Oh yeah. We started following the team after a coworker casually said, you know, my daughter Laura Lushness plays for UConn, so you might want to catch some games, then came CPTV. Other longer-time fans will know the history of Dormond better than me.

Reaction Score
Sadie Edwards was a good player, don't know why she chose to leave so soon

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom