OT: Best High School Movie | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Best High School Movie

Reaction Score
If you want to include high school sports movies then I would add "All the Right Moves" with Tom Cruise before he got huge and Lea Thompson and the "Friday Night Lights" since it pretty much sums up what life was like growing up in small town America where high school football is THE sporting event (as I well know from growing up in Western Maryland, although Texas takes this to a whole different level).

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I've got two kind of obscure films that were both really good, almost the same plot but one is about a robotics club and the other a cross country team. Both are fairly poor school districts with mostly underprivileged students, not really used to having people believe in them or expect greatness from them. Until the right person comes along. Both are heartwarming. I believe both are based on true stories as well.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Good baseball movie. Small budget indie but it's got some people in it who have been in some big films.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Maybe a bit of a "Heathers" knockoff.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Is there a new century? I missed it!
There's a whole new millennium.

211dxs.jpg

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Documentaries count, right? Just thought of this one. It was fairly eye opening when I was younger, about how upcoming prospects can be told what they want to hear and strung along, then cast aside if it doesn't pan out.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
You can't go back again. This thread inspired me to revisit some films from the 80's. They haven't held up very well, at least in my opinion. Watched Breakfast Club, Better Off Dead and Ferris Bueller. Nostalgia does funny things to your mind.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
You can't go back again. This thread inspired me to revisit some films from the 80's. They haven't held up very well, at least in my opinion. Watched Breakfast Club, Better Off Dead and Ferris Bueller. Nostalgia does funny things to your mind.

Agree on Breakfast Club; haven't seen Ferris in a long time, but I've seen Better off Dead in the last few years (and I own it), and I still think it's a great movie. My other favorite 80's cult movie is (believe it or not) The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai, which is dated but still wonderful.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Agree on Breakfast Club; haven't seen Ferris in a long time, but I've seen Better off Dead in the last few years (and I own it), and I still think it's a great movie. My other favorite 80's cult movie is (believe it or not) The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai, which is dated but still wonderful.

I enjoyed Better Off Dead the most of the 3 I recently viewed. I own it as well. The 80s were just weird. I think some of the music from then has aged better than film (although some 80s music is among the worst ever recorded!).

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I enjoyed Better Off Dead the most of the 3 I recently viewed. I own it as well. The 80s were just weird. I think some of the music from then has aged better than film (although some 80s music is among the worst ever recorded!).

Agreed.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I think i was still in high school when this thread started. I completely forgot about it! :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom