OT: Best College Football Championship Game Ever? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Best College Football Championship Game Ever?

Reaction Score
I don't think you should make the playoff if you can't win your conference.

Reaction Score
The "best game ever" would have seen Alabama lose.

They nearly always win the national championship game because all the best players, at every position, always go there.
Are you also a UConn WCBB hater? ;)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If you are a great HS player, want to get exposure to the NFL and ( likely ) win a national championship, you go to Alabama. Very few players recruited by Alabama choose to go anywhere else. Alabama is about 6 deep at every position. And every player would start for any other team. If an NFL team chose to only draft Alabama players, they would likely win it all, too.

NFL scouts look high and low for talent. There are plenty of guys in the League that played at FCS (used to be Division 1AA) or even Division 2 schools. You don't have to go to Alabama or one of the other traditional powerhouses to get noticed by the NFL. But your point is well made that Alabama is a huge draw and loads up on talent year after year.

Reaction Score
Wonder how many of those Alabama football players can spell their name? Or read a book?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
NFL scouts look high and low for talent. There are plenty of guys in the League that played at FCS (used to be Division 1AA) or even Division 2 schools. You don't have to go to Alabama or one of the other traditional powerhouses to get noticed by the NFL. But your point is well made that Alabama is a huge draw and loads up on talent year after year.

A few years ago... this kid from my city gave a verbal commit to Bama.. may have been their top recruit but he reversed course and decommitted and signed with Cal. He was a WR/DB in high school..... he wanted to play WR in college, but Bama was more interested in playing him as a DB. Anyway... He went to Cal....played WR.. and got drafted after 3 years of college. He's now one of the best young WR's in the game. Keenan Allen of the Chargers.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Wonder how many of those Alabama football players can spell their name? Or read a book?
damn you showed your true colors, I applaud you
upload_2018-1-10_2-59-18.jpeg

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Jalen Hurts was ESPN's 13th-ranked dual threat QB in his class. There were also 11 pocket passers with grade higher than his grade of 80. So at least 23 QBs were ranked higher than Hurts in his class.

Tagovailoa, on the other hand, was ESPN's #1 ranked dual threat QB in his class. That much is true.

Alabama is currently 6th in ESPN's class rankings for 2018. The order is Georgia, Ohio State, Texas, Penn State, Clemson, Alabama. So maybe there is some hope that the future won't be dominated by Alabama.
This is a great post by someone who actually thought before they spoke. Perhaps another poster could learn from this.

Reaction Score
Are you also a UConn WCBB hater? ;)
Good point ( thanks for the " wink.). I love it when UCONN gets the best players. Just as Alabama fans love it when they get all the best players. I want Alabama to lose because of this, just as every non Uconn fan in America wants UConn to lose, because of this.

It is why they play the games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom