OT- Best Christmas Song | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- Best Christmas Song

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bing's White Christmas is a classic.

Yep, I don't mind Dean Martin's version either though.

Reaction Score
and on the R&B tip, love the Boyz II Men feat. Brian McKnight song "Let it Snow"

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
"Baby It's Cold Outside" should be titled "The Date Rate Song", look at the lyrics...

I can't believe I'm promoting Jimmy Buffet, but his 'Christmas Island' album is actually really good and easily my favorite Christmas music. Mele Kelikimaka, Run Rudolph Run, Ho ho ho & a Bottle of Rum, A Visit From St. Nicholas, and Up On A Housetop are all good tracks.

But my favorite Christmas movie just might have to be Diehard, so what do I know? ;)
I believe Bill Cosby was the original songwriter.
...."Hey, what's in this drink?"

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
(Of course, if Jews don't get a vote never mind)
Hell, Irving Berlin wrote White Christmas.

Of course you get a vote, you just can't have any of the pork loin for Christmas dinner.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Wizzard, "I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday".

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Hell, Irving Berlin wrote White Christmas.

Of course you get a vote, you just can't have any of the pork loin for Christmas dinner.
Chinese takeout and the movies.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
My ancient music side: Fum Fum Fum

For those who prefer modern with an edge: Jethro Tull's "Christmas Song" from Lving in the Past.

Last edited:

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
O Holy Night & Silent Night are right up there on my favorites list, when they're sung well, and they're especially good when you see them performed live by someone in your home church.

This was recorded live on Sunday. Skip ahead to the 4:30 mark if you want to hear some incredible pipes. BTW, this beautiful young lady also does weight training when she's not bringing down the house with her voice.

Reaction Score
Springsteen's version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town takes the top slot for me, followed closely by Mariah singing All I Want for Christmas is You and Harry Connick Jr. - Must Have Been Ol Santa Claus.
Lol you have listed two musicians who I would put at the top of my overrated list in Springsteen and Mariah Carey. I never got the Springsteen thing. I think that people just listened to him to hear Clarence Clemons. Clemons buries Springsteen in musical talent.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
"The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)." Or really anything by the Chipmunks. Just can't get enough of those cute vocals!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Lol you have listed two musicians who I would put at the top of my overrated list in Springsteen and Mariah Carey. I never got the Springsteen thing. I think that people just listened to him to hear Clarence Clemons. Clemons buries Springsteen in musical talent.
Love Clarence, but this could not be more wrong. I get not "getting" Springsteen, but denying his musical talent is just silly. The man carved out one of the most unique and singularly identifiable brands of music in the past forty years and he continues to create, perform and stay relevant. Not to mention that he is, hands down, the best live performer during that time. Have you ever been to one of his concerts?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I actually completely agree - if Santa Claus is Coming to Town is my favorite Springsteen song... Yeah, I just never really got in to his stuff. He's fine, I guess.

Mariah... Before she turned crazy... Was one of my first Music Crushes. So there's a little bit of nostalgia there.

Looking over all the suggestions in this thread though... Is there just not a lot of bad holiday music? Because I'm reading each one like... Oh yah that song is good too...!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Bieber version turned me off from Christmas music about 10 days ago. That you think it is not that bad says more about you than the song.

Happy Holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32