OT: Best Bloody Mary recipe | The Boneyard

OT: Best Bloody Mary recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Been working on making my staple of cocktails and am trying to nail the best Bloody Mary recipe. Any ideas?

In an unrelated topic anyone upset or mad about losing and looking to blame someone like coach for the loss should reconsider. This team is like buying a house which you know you have to hire contractors to significantly remodel and build out. It is a messy process and takes a lot of patience. The process always feels stressful. We will only know in late winter if this team will gel and get to their potential. All the parts are there but making then work efficiently in concert is going to take a while. If no one leaves except seniors next years team will be the year to see the finished project dominate.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Have had it with pickle juice added which was surprisingly delicious also. It's really just about your taste and how spicy you like it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Best bloody mary mix: Zing Zang.
I've made great ones from scratch for almost 30 years now and I always vary the recipe based on my mood, my audience and what I have on hand, but for ease and consistency I totally agree that starting with Zing Zang and seasoning that to taste is the best way to go. Add lots of veggies as garnishes like pickled green beans, olives, obviously celery, as well as lime wedge, and...a crisp slice of bacon. Fresh ground horseradish, if possible, is most excellent.

Reaction Score
This has some cool cocktails with a pickle juice Bloody Mary recipe
http://www.buzzfeed.com/h2/fbde/per...ge-cocktails?utm_term=.wxxqp0Ymwn#.xrO9mDx2Wb

If you want to get real fancy this is from what's considered the bible of craft cocktails:

4 oz/ 120 ml purified water, 8 heirloom tomatoes cored and cut into quarters, 3 stalks celery chopped with leaves, ½ cucumber chopped, ½ c/ 20 g parsley, finely chopped 1 tsp rainbow peppercorn, 1 tsp coriander, 1 oz/ 30 ml kalamata olive juice, 1 oz/ 30 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1 oz/ 30 ml freshly squeezed lime juice, 2 dashes salt, 2 dashes paprika

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
clam juice, Fresh ground Horseradish, a few slivers of diced Habanero. a liberal dose of tabasco, a shrimp on a skewer and a strip of bacon (which can be substituted with a good homemade beef jerky...) are added requirements to whatever your preferred tomato base is.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
clam juice, Fresh ground Horseradish, a few slivers of diced Habanero. a liberal dose of tabasco, a shrimp on a skewer and a strip of bacon (which can be substituted with a good homemade beef jerky...) are added requirements to whatever your preferred tomato base is.
Yes on the shrimp. I forgot to list that.

Personally, I'm not sold on the clam juice.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Best bloody mary mix: Zing Zang.
You took the words right off my fingers. Zing Zang is outstanding. I love my Bloody Mary's. Before I started using Zing Zang I changed to V8 Juice. I like my Mary's thick. ZZ makes the cut.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
A Bloody Mary story comes to mind. On the plane from Atlanta heading to Atlantis. Flight attendant asked me what I would like to drink. I said a Bloody Mary. She asked if I wanted Vodka in it. I looked puzzled and said yes. She went on to say there are many people who just like the mix. DOH!!

Reaction Score
Mostly Zing Zang with a splash or two of Aunt Whiskey's does the trick for me. Can't stand the V8 mixes.

Reaction Score
Mostly Zing Zang with a splash or two of Aunt Whiskey's does the trick for me. Can't stand the V8 mixes.

Agree not at all a V8 guy. That's why for years I couldn't drink a Bloody, seemed like all the golf course made them with V8. Then the Zing Zang and other very spicy mixers game in and bingo, love a bloody.

Reaction Score
Tomato juice, vodka or gin(I prefer my bloodies with gin) Worcestershire sauce, squirt of lemon juice, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, horseradish, celery salt, pepper, any kind of pickled veggies on a skewer, pickled egg and a slim Jim/beef stick, celery to stir and crunch on.

Reaction Score
Tomato juice, vodka or gin(I prefer my bloodies with gin) Worcestershire sauce, squirt of lemon juice, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, horseradish, celery salt, pepper, any kind of pickled veggies on a skewer, pickled egg and a slim Jim/beef stick, celery to stir and crunch on.

Wow sounds excellent I must say (no egg though) - may need to try the Gin idea, never have. I mean in a Bloody of course.

Reaction Score
Wow sounds excellent I must say (no egg though) - may need to try the Gin idea, never have. I mean in a Bloody of course.
I tend to put mustard in lots of things that don't typically call for it. Tuna salad, potato salad and it's one of my secret ingredients in guacamole.

Reaction Score
I tend to put mustard in lots of things that don't typically call for it. Tuna salad, potato salad and it's one of my secret ingredients in guacamole.

It's funny I do not like Dijon mustard directly on a sandwich, either French's golden/yellow or Miracle Whip depending on meat/tuna. But I do like the dijon mixed in certain ingredients for food like you do. I also suddenly like mustard on occasion with RB and Turkey sandwiches which I never envisioned. I may have to try some in a Bloody dammit. Tomorrow before tee off at Tallwood I'm thinking instead of my Szambvca/Baileys and Coffee

Reaction Score
It's funny I do not like Dijon mustard directly on a sandwich, either French's golden/yellow or Miracle Whip depending on meat/tuna. But I do like the dijon mixed in certain ingredients for food like you do. I also suddenly like mustard on occasion with RB and Turkey sandwiches which I never envisioned. I may have to try some in a Bloody dammit. Tomorrow before tee off at Tallwood I'm thinking instead of my Szambvca/Baileys and Coffee
I'm the same way, the Dijon overpowers the rest of the sandwich but really adds something as an ingredient. I don't even like coffee but Sambuca, Baileys and coffee is tasty.

Reaction Score
I'm the same way, the Dijon overpowers the rest of the sandwich but really adds something as an ingredient. I don't even like coffee but Sambuca, Baileys and coffee is tasty.

I do not drink coffee ever superjohn. I'm a water guy all day for work with the occasional need for a Coke or alike after a rough night before. But on a cool golf morning or day or cold evening some Sambvca and Bailey's with coffee is wonderful. An sometimes I may even show my feminine side with the whipped cream on top!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom