OT: Best Ben & Jerry’s Flavor | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Ben & Jerry’s Flavor

Reaction Score
Rainforest crunch.

By far.

Sorry none of you ever had it.
I can vouch for Rainforest Crunch. Was obsessed with it as a kid, it was probably my #2 but Heath Bar Crunch was always #1. Those hippy bastards discontinued both and I don't really remember picking up a pint ever since.

Reaction Score
2 pages in and no mention of Dublin Mudslide.

#benandjerrynoobs

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The Tonight Dough is the correct answer here

Caramel & Chocolate Ice Creams with Chocolate Cookie Swirls & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Peanut Butter Cookie Dough.

tonight-dough-detail.png

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The Tonight Dough is the correct answer here

Caramel & Chocolate Ice Creams with Chocolate Cookie Swirls & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Peanut Butter Cookie Dough.

tonight-dough-detail.png
Except Fallon...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If you go to the plant in Waterbury, VT they occasionally revive some of the discontinued flavors from the flavor graveyard.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This. I'm not sure if I've ever had Ben and Jerry's ice cream, but I prefer my ice cream be mainly ice cream. I don't like a lot of other crap mixed in with my ice cream.

ShopRite rotates weekly its 'super premium' ice cream brand on sale for $2.88 per pint. From this, I came to discover that I like Talenti the best, Häagen-Dazs next, and Ben & Jerry's third, primarily because B&J is 'too busy' for me with its combos & mix-ins. As such, it's easier for me to skip a B&J sale week.

This thread reminds me that Cherry Garcia & I go way back, to when I was married and a young father, and Ben & Jerry were "two real guys," still independent, and going up against H-D, which wasn't. I loved it he back story, the Woody Jackson cows, the vibe, the wordplay, and the ice cream flavor, and imagine I still do. Thanks, to many, for reminding me that Cherry Garcia is my options for B&J sale weeks.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'm dating myself, but I miss White Russian.

Americone Dream is my current fave.
I love when someone with a 2011 start date and 30 posts weighs in on something like this...unless it's a burner account.

Hey, how about Russian Troll, pure vanilla with chunks of bullspit?

Reaction Score
New York Super Fudge Chunk. One of the originals - although difficult to find among the sku proliferation...

Reaction Score
The Strawberry Cheesecake flavor makes a sick milkshake, but the best flavor is whatever my wife asked me to pick up.
Oh man I gotta try this. On my new Vitamix ....

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Rainforest crunch.

By far.

Sorry none of you ever had it.

I think you can still find a few cases kicking around at mop-and-pop stores, but the flavor is definitely endangered.

Reaction Score
I live 1.5 miles from the plant and have been there only once. Any boneyarders live in the area?

Reaction Score
I love when someone with a 2011 start date and 30 posts weighs in on something like this...unless it's a burner account.

Hey, how about Russian Troll, pure vanilla with chunks of bullspit?

Yup, Russian & burner account.

Thanks for the feedback. I can't imagine why I'm hesitant to post here more often...

Let me know when I'm qualified to be in The Club & able to comment on posts such as these.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I live 1.5 miles from the plant and have been there only once. Any boneyarders live in the area?
I don't, but I go up there a few times a year; usually a few times in the winter and once in the summer.

A few summers ago a group of friends rented a house in Waitsfield for a long weekend with our families, and some of us took six of the kids to the factory (mostly as a bribe, so they would tolerate our several hours of beer hunting in the area). They got the Vermonster to split among them. 20 scoops of your choice and any toppings you want. Our middle daughter and another friend's kid insisted on finishing the thing off even when it got down to nothing but a melted mess at the bottom. Suffice to say that they were both too sick for dinner that night, and were still feeling ill the next morning.

Reaction Score
Alright, so I consider myself a bit of an expert on this topic....

Staples of mine:

Vanilla Caramel Fudge - Like a glorious sundae all in one. I just add bananas and walnuts!!!
Salted Caramel Core - Sadly, not as good as the traveling fair version the B&J trailer has - Salted Caramel Blondie - replace the core with caramel swirls and put it in a waffle cone!!
Pistachio Pistachio - Just a chill flavor

Flippin "exclusive" limited time flavors (BASTARDS)

Confetti Cake - Best cake batter ice cream ever
One Sweet World - Coffee ice cream, marshmallow and caramel swirls with fudge chunks.

I also like the Smore flavor they have out now, though it doesn't remind me much of a smore

Reaction Score
ShopRite rotates weekly its 'super premium' ice cream brand on sale for $2.88 per pint. From this, I came to discover that I like Talenti the best, Häagen-Dazs next, and Ben & Jerry's third, primarily because B&J is 'too busy' for me with its combos & mix-ins. As such, it's easier for me to skip a B&J sale week.

This thread reminds me that Cherry Garcia & I go way back, to when I was married and a young father, and Ben & Jerry were "two real guys," still independent, and going up against H-D, which wasn't. I loved it he back story, the Woody Jackson cows, the vibe, the wordplay, and the ice cream flavor, and imagine I still do. Thanks, to many, for reminding me that Cherry Garcia is my options for B&J sale weeks.
I hold the same opinion on my ice cream that I do with my bourbon. If it's good it stands up on its own and doesn't need to be mixed with anything. Is Ben and Jerry's trying to hide something by mixing in all this other stuff?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yup, Russian & burner account.

Thanks for the feedback. I can't imagine why I'm hesitant to post here more often...

Let me know when I'm qualified to be in The Club & able to comment on posts such as these.
It was meant as a compliment. Your restraint in having made so few posts over such a period of time and then weighing in on an OT on ice cream truly impressed me.

I should never have muddied the waters with an unrelated flavor suggestion joke. My bad.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Glad to see at least one other person appreciates the best: New York Super Fudge Chunk!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom