OT: Best 30 for 30 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Best 30 for 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of Miracles and Men is the absolute best in my opinion. Just amazing. After that The Two Escobars, Once Brothers, Bo Jackson, The Best There Never Was (Marcus Dupree), Pony Express come to mind. Most of pretty damn good. Like the other Yankee fan, I have never seen Four Days in October and never will.
I'm not a big Red Sox fan or baseball fan and I'm not trying to pick a fight with Yankee fans, but that series was awesome. I loved how big of a moment it was for the Boston players. Their wives and kids came down on the field to celebrate. I was a actually pretty moved by it all. But i get it if the Yankees fans aren't interested in watching the documentary.

Reaction Score
Favorite is The Two Escobars. Crazy story. Sole Man is also good and shows the beginning of the influence sneaker companies had on college hoops recruiting.

Same here. They're have been a lot of amazing ones but, for some reason, The Two Escobars stands slightly above some of the other great ones. There's also some amazing ones due up this fall (Trojan War - Pete Carroll, Gospel According to Mac - Colorado football Coach Bill McCartney).

Also, can anybody tell me when those nitwits at ESPN are going to do one on UConn basketball? yea....yea....never ......I know.

On a somewhat related note, does anybody have a hard copy of the Requiem for the Big East one. I'm at work, have to take a massive dump and the stalls are out of toilet paper.

Reaction Score
Two not mention & favs - No Crossover (about AI) & Senna (see it)!

Reaction Score
30 for 30'a are by far the best thing on ESPN. They rarely disappoint. Pretty much like every one that has been mentioned in this thread.

Reaction Score
I'm not a big Red Sox fan or baseball fan and I'm not trying to pick a fight with Yankee fans, but that series was awesome. I loved how big of a moment it was for the Boston players. Their wives and kids came down on the field to celebrate. I was a actually pretty moved by it all. But i get it if the Yankees fans aren't interested in watching the documentary.

It was amazing and despite being a Yankee fan and a Red Sox hater, I do "get" just how incredible a performance it was. That being said, I have no desire to ever watch another highlight of Mo getting beat by Ortiz, or Bill Mueller, Curt Schillings ketchup sock, or Dave Roberts swiping a bag, or the absolute dumpster fire of a performance we put on in game 7 with Damon hitting a grand slam and us getting crushed @ Yankee Stadium. I'd imagine it's quite similar to Red Sox fans reaction to the 03 series that was equally amazing in its own right.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
And June 17th, 1994 was an interesting watch
That was amazing the way they did it; no dialogue (beyond the actual events as they were happening). The ending, showing an old Arnold Palmer & OJ Hertz commercial was surreal.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Once Brothers and The Two Escobars were both incredible. There are about 12-15 that are well worth the time invested with those two topping my list.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
The best that never was- Marcus Dupree story
Four days in October
Little big men

These were some of the ones that stand out.

Loved the marcus durpree story...

Reaction Score
My favorite was Unguarded, the rise and fall of Chris Herren' s basketball career. It truly gives a great depiction of Fall River basketball and his playing days at Fresno St, while battling with substance abuse, and his failed professional career. The end of the documentary is inspiring with Herrren becoming sober, reconnecting with his family, and becoming a motivational speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom