OT: Ben Gordon (arrested again) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Ben Gordon (arrested again)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Would like to see JC hire him as a shooting coach at St. Joes.

A good dose of JC could do wonders for him right now.

What could possibly go wrong there?

Honestly, right now, Gordon needs a treatment program. This current course he’s on ends with a story about a former NBA star dying young.

Reaction Score
A lot of time guys have an identity crisis when their career is over. He’s been a basketball player his whole life. Now that he’s not what is he? That’s very hard on a lot of people.

I don't think that's it. This seemed to start well before his career ended - not only did he regress massively but he also seemed to be one of the more disliked guys in the league, at least from an organizational standpoint. I don't remember the specifics, but I'm pretty sure the Hornets had so much contempt for him that they tried to make his life as difficult as possible even after they released him.

Maybe that's just how he always was, but his pattern of behavior over the last few years seems consistent with somebody who needs help and isn't sure how to ask for it. I'm not trying to psycho-analyze him as I obviously have a very limited view of the situation, but whereas with most guys something like this - a traffic violation - isn't a big deal, I get nervous when I hear Ben's name in the news, regardless of the severity of the offense.

Reaction Score
Well if anyone is in the know, and is in touch with him, Thanksgiving’s around the corner, so do the right thing and reach out. He’s a legend, as well as a man, so why not lend an ear/hand.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He needs treatment and to get out of NYC and those friends.

I pray he gets help as he was one of my favorite players at UConn over the last 20 years.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Something about, you can take the boy out of Mount Vernon....

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Nah, nothing about that.

It was just a dumb joke, I realize insensitive. Sorry guys. Ben Gordon is one of my absolute favorites. Didn't mean to insinuate anything about his character.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom