OT: Ben Gordon (arrested again) | The Boneyard

OT: Ben Gordon (arrested again)

Reaction Score
Am I crazy or did Gordon seem like a perfectly normal kid in college?

I was the same year as him at UConn and the kid seemed to eat, drink and sleep basketball.

On another note - I still can’t believe he shared that tiny room in West campus with Mek as a frosh.

Reaction Score
He did get into a little hot water for an altercation with a female IIRC. Probably not a "perfectly normal" kid, but no, I don't think anyone expected him to be arrested multiple times at this point in his life.

Reaction Score
He did get into a little hot water for an altercation with a female IIRC. Probably not a "perfectly normal" kid, but no, I don't think anyone expected him to be arrested multiple times at this point in his life.
Yes, if i remember correctly she slapped him and he slapped her back...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sounds like he had a psychotic break, which is not unheard of in young men in college years or shortly thereafter.

Reaction Score
"During the stop, the officer ran the car’s Florida license plate and noticed the registration expiration date was different than what was displayed on the vehicle."

I have seen this one before. A roommate from Mass never went back to get his new tags ... his father ran a repair shot. Father mailed tags to him. But the kid never ever made it right with the State. Got pulled over and ... they towed his car for having expired dates. "Arrested"? I would say that is a little hyped. It is just a stupid thing.

Reaction Score
"During the stop, the officer ran the car’s Florida license plate and noticed the registration expiration date was different than what was displayed on the vehicle."

I have seen this one before. A roommate from Mass never went back to get his new tags ... his father ran a repair shot. Father mailed tags to him. But the kid never ever made it right with the State. Got pulled over and ... they towed his car for having expired dates. "Arrested"? I would say that is a little hyped. It is just a stupid thing.
Yeah, this "arrest" seems more like a traffic violation that requires an appearance in court other than simply mailing in the ticket. Really doesn't seem like a big deal.

Reaction Score
This sounds like basically nothing but Ben is a complete mess. He's clearly mentally ill and my fear is there is nobody around to help him, also afraid he is in the process of blowing through all his money.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
A lot of time guys have an identity crisis when their career is over. He’s been a basketball player his whole life. Now that he’s not what is he? That’s very hard on a lot of people.
Have seen that with HS kids (not just athletes) as well.
From BMOC or BWOC to post HS everyday life. Can be a big adjustment for many people.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This sounds like basically nothing but Ben is a complete mess. He's clearly mentally ill and my fear is there is nobody around to help him, also afraid he is in the process of blowing through all his money.
Not sure how anyone can use this infraction to make an assessment of his condition. The various suggestions and concerns could be correct. We don't know if he's seeking treatment for his other behaviors and that this situation is just an oversight.

Reaction Score

Hanging in the Bronx to Mount Vernon vortex ain't good for him. Just too much ... and I think about this about other accomplished striving Hispanic and Black kids I have known. I agree totally on the dark side of falling off the NBA gravy train. I also think Ben (and others) can still make a boatload of money (for many of us in relative terms) ... and they should play China, Israel, Japan until their arms fall off. Hubris kills.

Reaction Score
Not sure how anyone can use this infraction to make an assessment of his condition. The various suggestions and concerns could be correct. We don't know if he's seeking treatment for his other behaviors and that this situation is just an oversight.
That's why I said this infraction is basically nothing. Five minutes on his Instagram and you would know how rough of shape he's in and it doesn't look like he or anyone else is helping him deal with it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That's why I said this infraction is basically nothing. Five minutes on his Instagram and you would know how rough of shape he's in and it doesn't look like he or anyone else is helping him deal with it.
Got the part about the infraction. Did not know you were making the remainder of the comment based on his Instagram. That's a real shame.

Reaction Score
Got the part about the infraction. Did not know you were making the remainder of the comment based on his Instagram. That's a real shame.
I'll just assume you are hearing about Ben's issues for the first time.

Reaction Score
I was the same year as him at UConn and the kid seemed to eat, drink and sleep basketball.

On another note - I still can’t believe he shared that tiny room in West campus with Mek as a frosh.

Fun fact, well embarrasing fact, for me at least. 'Mek and Gordon were in my old room in West. A year after I graduated, I thought it would be cool (for some reason) to go back and see my old room. Knocked on the door expecting another useless college kid and Emeka opens the door being super polite. I'm very rarely speechless, but I stood there awkwardly, and could only blurt out, "This used to be my room." He said "cool" and I then I left.

Reaction Score

And, as tiny as that room was, we got about 18-20 people in there for 77-74. We put the fridge in the middle of the room with an extension cord because it was impossible to move to the door and, obviously, we needed our beverages to be cold. So long story, short... That room had some great UConn national championship history so obviously, I am responsible for 2003-2004. You are all welcome.

MrP

Reaction Score
I was a sophomore in West when they were freshmen, 2 doors down across the hall. Mek used to use my PC for AIM, and eat our pizza when we ordered dominos (who would tell him he couldn’t have a slice?). Super nice guy - Ben was nice but very quiet, except one night we had a building-wide water balloon fight and Ben crushed everyone.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Yeah, this "arrest" seems more like a traffic violation that requires an appearance in court other than simply mailing in the ticket. Really doesn't seem like a big deal.
The arrest was probably from the outstanding bench warrant for failing to appear in one of the previous cases.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom