Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Alabama
Oregon
FSU
OSU

So do you think they got it right?

I think its still imperfect its much more improved than the past system. At least there will be 3 meaningful games vs perhaps one. With that said; Bama/OSU and FSU/Oregon games will be great games and hard to predict a clear cut winner.

Reaction Score
Alabama
Oregon
FSU
OSU

So do you think they got it right?

I think its still imperfect its much more improved than the past system. At least there will be 3 meaningful games vs perhaps one. With that said; Bama/OSU and FSU/Oregon games will be great games and hard to predict a clear cut winner.

I'll predict 2 of the clearcut winners: Bama and Oregon.

OSU and FSU are a cut below.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
im fine with it... they're never going to be happy (schools left out, commentators, media,etc) just like with the ncaa tourney... there will always be controversy with who should be in or out

Reaction Score
im fine with it... they're never going to be happy (schools left out, commentators, media,etc) just like with the ncaa tourney... there will always be controversy with who should be in or out
I agree. It's about making sure, though, you are including all teams that may actually be the best. When people argue about teams not making March Madness, no one thinks those left-out teams could be the best team in the country.

With a 4 team playoff, that could be the case. TCU or Baylor may be the best team this year, we'll just never know. Going to 8 would largely eliminate that. P5 schools get auto'd in, 1 G5 school gets auto'd in with certain rules that make it very hard for that school to get in, and 2-3 at large teams.

Reaction Score
I'm okay with it but TCU certainly has a gripe, they were ranked #3, won their game by 52 points and somehow dropped to #6. OSU is playing great lately but that Va Tech loss is still pretty terrible.

Reaction Score
It's all about the B1G here. Much rather have the team from there than the B12 - the NCAA rearing it's really ugly head - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TCU should be there and if anyone, FSU should have been replaced. Heck they're taking their time figuring out of the QB should even be able to play never mind be on campus.

hate to say it but GO DUCKS.

Reaction Score
TCU should be in it. But the Meyer v. Saban matchup was too good to pass up.

OSU is a 10 point dog to Bama, they are just simply not that good

Reaction Score
TCU was ranked too high to start with. Five of their wins are vs teams with RPI's over 100. Their blowout yesterday was vs #122 ISU.

Though the committee states that the rankings are fluid and represent that particular moment in time, the fact that they finally dropped ISU is interesting.

Reaction Score
It's all about the B1G here. Much rather have the team from there than the B12 - the NCAA rearing it's really ugly head - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

TCU should be there and if anyone, FSU should have been replaced. Heck they're taking their time figuring out of the QB should even be able to play never mind be on campus.

hate to say it but GO DUCKS.
Winston antics aside, how can FSU not be in consideration? No one has beaten them this year (or last year). I think they will surprise people, and the Oregon game will be the best of the two to watch. To me it will be a classic, 2 great college qbs.

Reaction Score
OSU will win the Championship next year. They start one of the youngest Offensive Lines in CFB - it took some time to get good. They gave up 7 sacks to VT - I don't think they gave up that many for the entire year. To lose your Heisman QB, then start a freshman who should be #2 in the Heisman, and replace with a 3rd stringer who put up 40+ (D scored points) on a tough D - don't overlook them just because they're playing Alabama. OSU is an SEC team (Meyer), not B1G.

Reaction Score
OSU will win the Championship next year. They start one of the youngest Offensive Lines in CFB - it took some time to get good. They gave up 7 sacks to VT - I don't think they gave up that many for the entire year. To lose your Heisman QB, then start a freshman who should be #2 in the Heisman, and replace with a 3rd stringer who put up 40+ (D scored points) on a tough D - don't overlook them just because they're playing Alabama. OSU is an SEC team (Meyer), not B1G.
No they are not. Maybe they will be once Meyer has a few more years of recruiting, but they are not right now. Which is why they are 10 point dogs.

Reaction Score
I think they got it 100% correct. OSU won their conference championship 59-0 with 3rd string qb. FSU is the defending champs and undefeated.

Reaction Score
Based on record and schedule, yes. TCU and Baylor's schedules were less impressive than Oregon's, Ohio St's and Alabama's while Florida St is the undefeated, reigning national champions.

I actually think that Ohio St. could beat any team except for Alabama at this point. While Florida St's defense is solid and will slow down the Ducks' offense a bit, it will take more that another last second miracle from Winston for the 'Noles to win that game. Thus, I would call Alabama over Oregon in the final, though, I think it will be close.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The argument for the playoff has been validated. Imagine a BCS deciding between Bama, FSU and Oregon?

The 4th team doesn't really matter on the field, but it means a lot that one of the P5 will be left out.

These guys were all so delusional, none thought it might be them. Should be at 8.

Reaction Score
The argument for the playoff has been validated. Imagine a BCS deciding between Bama, FSU and Oregon?

For that reason alone you are 100% correct. All 3 teams have a case for number one with Oregon and Bama the strongest. However if FSU were not selected (last year's scenerio), then the system would have still been broken. I do think that if the polls would had been the source then FSU would be #1, but now the rankings are fluid, hence FSU dropping to 4 then rising to 3.

TCU however went from 3 to 6 in one day without losing. Unfortunately with football a play-in game for the 4th slot is not practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom