OT Baylor vs Texas WBB Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Baylor vs Texas WBB Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like I said an a earlier thread Texas guards would NOT be ready for Baylor guards. Alexis jones has faced many of those guards her entire career. I knew she would perform. 29 in a big game. She's back!!
I was one of the ones that picked TX in this game (or at least said I though TX would take 2 out of 3 from Baylor this year). Looks like I was wrong: even with Nyia not very effective they won. Next 2 still should be interesting.

Reaction Score
I don't see either of these teams in the Final Four.

someone has to make it, Baylor is very good when they run and mediocre in a half court game. Texas lacks the outside game.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm not seeing much from Texas at this point, but question - what kind of player does a full face of makeup - foundation blush, eye liner and tons of mascara? That's just bizarre... I could see doing your face up to the 9's for your team photo or something, but for an actual game??

I noticed a number of the Texas A&M players had makeup on today, too, which I found very odd. Arkansas used to have a player, I know her first name was India, but I can't recall her last name, and she used to wear so much makeup it would have been considered overdone for any occasion.

Reaction Score
Greetings from previous years banter.

Mulkey has a HUGE decision she's going to have to make before mid season. She's doing everything she can to keep the two young BIGS (plus Cave and Higgins getting minutes) on the court so they can grow up during the season AND at the same time keep Nina Davis on the court. To do that, she's playing Davis at the #3.

It ain't gonna work. Talented as she is, she's not a ball-handler, she doesn't create off the dribble unless she's driving across the paint to get to the 6'-8' shot, and she's not a natural 3-pt shooter from the corner. The "magic" that earned her All American status as a 5'11" post as a soph is her ability to position, rebound, and then find the tiniest of openings against other BIGS for the put back shot.

When pushed out to the #3 spot, she's not finding her natural spot on the baseline 10' either side of the basket.

I trust Kim. But by tourney time our best five will be Johnson, Jones, Davis, Brown, and Wallace--all five fairly capable of 36-40 minutes per game, which means we have a tremendous opportunity to wear down almost anybody else's BIGS simply by throwing fresh, rested bodies at them every 3-4 minutes. We should NEVER lose a rebound stat. So, professor of theology and prophet that I am, whenever Kim gets around to calling me to interpret the rustling of the leaves at Delphi, I will whisper one very direct statement as the oracle, . . . . "KEEP YOUR ALL-AMERICAN where she thrives (at the #4 spot) and find SOME OTHER WAY to rotate the young BIGS.

Kim and I are good friends. But I don't expect to get that call from her any time soon.

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
I thought Texas would win as well, pleasantly surprised.

Jones is almost back to speed. Prince is slowly returning from surgery.

I to reckon the young bigs need time on the court, but only at the loss of higgins minutes. Brown should be on the court half the time with mompremier, period.

I think the dallas bracket will be tough, but I wouldn't mind playing uconn in the semis.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Greetings from previous years banter.

Mulkey has a HUGE decision she's going to have to make before mid season. She's doing everything she can to keep the two young BIGS (plus Cave and Higgins getting minutes) on the court so they can grow up during the season AND at the same time keep Nina Davis on the court. To do that, she's playing Davis at the #3.

It ain't gonna work. Talented as she is, she's not a ball-handler, she doesn't create off the dribble unless she's driving across the paint to get to the 6'-8' shot, and she's not a natural 3-pt shooter from the corner. The "magic" that earned her All American status as a 5'11" post as a soph is her ability to position, rebound, and then find the tiniest of openings against other BIGS for the put back shot.

When pushed out to the #3 spot, she's not finding her natural spot on the baseline 10' either side of the basket.

I trust Kim. But by tourney time our best five will be Johnson, Jones, Davis, Brown, and Wallace--all five fairly capable of 36-40 minutes per game, which means we have a tremendous opportunity to wear down almost anybody else's BIGS simply by throwing fresh, rested bodies at them every 3-4 minutes. We should NEVER lose a rebound stat. So, professor of theology and prophet that I am, whenever Kim gets around to calling me to interpret the rustling of the leaves at Delphi, I will whisper one very direct statement as the oracle, . . . . "KEEP YOUR ALL-AMERICAN where she thrives (at the #4 spot) and find SOME OTHER WAY to rotate the young BIGS.

Kim and I are good friends. But I don't expect to get that call from her any time soon.

Baylorprof, you really do need to quit posting so often; it is growing very tiresome.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
For a team that was was undefeated coming in, Texas did not remotely resemble the team that came in with a record of 16-0. It didn't take long for Baylor to take control of this game.

In spite of playing a ridiculously weak OOC, Baylor appears to be the new Sheriff in town. They have unquestionably established themselves as the best D-1 WCBB team in Texas.

The Longhorns were the last Texas based team that was thought to be a viable threat to the Bears. That idea has been put to rest. Baylor dispatched the Longhorns will little effort.

The lone blemish on Baylor's record is a 52-45 road loss to Oklahoma State back on Dec 30. While they're not invincible, Baylor has shown that they are formidable, and worthy of their #4 ranking, and must be taken seriously. I'm certainly convinced.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
For a team that was was undefeated coming in, Texas did not remotely resemble the team that came in with a record of 16-0. It didn't take long for Baylor to take control of this game.

In spite of playing a ridiculously weak OOC, Baylor appears to be the new Sheriff in town. They have unquestionably established themselves as the best D-1 WCBB team in Texas.

The Longhorns were the last Texas based team that was thought to be a viable threat to the Bears. That idea has been put to rest. Baylor dispatched the Longhorns will little effort.

The lone blemish on Baylor's record is a 52-45 road loss to Oklahoma State back on Dec 30. While they're not invincible, Baylor has shown that they are formidable, and worthy of their #4 ranking, and must be taken seriously. I'm certainly convinced.

I put that loss to Okie Lite right up there with the UCONN loss to Stanford last year...there is no way to explain why it happened. Baylor was without Johnson and Prince, which completely threw off Baylor's rotation, and Jones went 2-18 from the field, and Martin couldn't miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom