OT - Baylor clears Briles of all wrongdoing | The Boneyard

OT - Baylor clears Briles of all wrongdoing

Reaction Score
Lots of qualifications to their carefully crafted letter of exoneration.

we are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or University officials

Under this standard of guilt Charlie Manson would have gotten off on murder charges since he had no direct involvement.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score

we are unaware of any situation where you personally had contact with anyone who directly reported to you being the victim of sexual assault or that you directly discouraged the victim of an alleged sexual assault from reporting to law enforcement or University officials

Under this standard of guilt Charlie Manson would have gotten off on murder charges since he had no direct involvement.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. I think the earlier findings said that Briles learned of sexual assaults by football players from his assistants, but then did nothing - which makes him complicit. So nothing in this letter contradicts that.

Reaction Score

And, Joe Paterno should be completely innocent too.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
And so once again in this our modern society the captain of the ship is held responsible for steering and not at all culpable for the actions of his crew. Damn full speed ahead, there's a gun over there. It's every man for himself.

Reaction Score
I know one of our Baylor friends stated recently that it was a new day at the University with all of those nasty issues a thing of the past...................after reading that story I would say the more things change the more they stay the same...........

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yup, Baylor has really addressed it's problems and parents can feel absolutely fine sending their girl's to Mulkey's loving embrace.
cigarsmiley.jpg

So maybe the CFL will lift their ban of him as a coach now?

Reaction Score
I know one of our Baylor friends stated recently that it was a new day at the University with all of those nasty issues a thing of the past....after reading that story I would say the more things change the more they stay the same......
Vested interests make effective filters.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
And so once again in this our modern society the captain of the ship is held responsible for steering and not at all culpable for the actions of his crew.

oh, honey, this ain't nothin' new...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
After last night I'm sure there are many at Baylor wishing Briles were back, exonerated or not. The Bears lost to Liberty University 48-45. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I know one of our Baylor friends stated recently that it was a new day at the University with all of those nasty issues a thing of the past....after reading that story I would say the more things change the more they stay the same......

The independent report issued last spring very pointedly called the changes window dressing or outright false. I think that was right before Mulkey's famous hoof and mouth incident.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
And so once again in this our modern society the captain of the ship is held responsible for steering and not at all culpable for the actions of his crew. Damn full speed ahead, there's a gun over there. It's every man for himself.
As I was reading the link the thread referenced, I was thinking that Harry Truman is turning over in his grave at how no one takes accountability i.e. The buck stops here. To me, as you give a colorful metaphor, I just keep shaking my head and go "no, just no". Sorry to tell East Texas this but I think the whole situation has affected Kim and the whole Baylor program very badly and quite frankly deservedly so. So even if we parse the statement, no freakin way should it have been sent and shows how much greed is in the boosters eyes and head. Scary and infuriating.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
As I was reading the link the thread referenced, I was thinking that Harry Truman is turning over in his grave at how no one takes accountability i.e. The buck stops here. To me, as you give a colorful metaphor, I just keep shaking my head and go "no, just no". Sorry to tell East Texas this but I think the whole situation has affected Kim and the whole Baylor program very badly and quite frankly deservedly so. So even if we parse the statement, no freakin way should it have been sent and shows how much greed is in the boosters eyes and head. Scary and infuriating.
Flat out right.

Reaction Score
What a joke.
And the chapter and verse for our young people-never, ever take personal responsibility for your actions.

Reaction Score
Maybe the Briles whitewash was part of the settlement of his lawsuit against Baylor.
I suspect this is the case. That letter reeks of lawyer speak and is a way for the university to remove itself from future suits for "defamation" and "loss of the ability to earn a living." Their attorneys probably directed them to issue this statement since at this point from what we know there is no specific evidence that Briles had first hand knowledge of or was directly involved in interacting with the victims.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom