OT: Basketball bribes: How Adidas bankrolled a black market for top teenage talent | The Boneyard

OT: Basketball bribes: How Adidas bankrolled a black market for top teenage talent

Reaction Score
And coaches are still coaching and teams are still playing in the NCAA tournament. And coaches are bitching about a kids eligibility lol.

God forbid your program has a kid or 2 who leaves and never gets his degree, you're out! Joke

Reaction Score
Pretty amazing that Nike is kinda skating here with all the attention on Adidas, when they all do the same thing.

The article was in the Oregonian. I forget, where is Nike located and who do they support ?

Reaction Score
God forbid your program has a kid or 2 who leaves and never gets his degree, you're out! Joke

We are the makeup foul. (NCAA has to keep the over all count close to even to show they're tough on offenders)

Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure he was referring to the FBI letting them skate not the newspaper.

Well in that case "Never mind". (still upset about our depleted natural race horses, human rights issues associated with Soviet jewlery, and all the violins on television)

Regarding the newspaper though, my first instinct when I see any news article is to consider what paper its in, where it appears in the paper (pg 1 vs pg 17), who wrote it, and as such, what might be influencing the content. In this case, it initially seemed like an article designed to shine a bad light on a competitor of one of the States iconic home brands so anyone reading the article needs to take that into consideration.

My second instinct is to actually read the article, which I did only after your post. Was surprised to learn that Adidas North American HQ is in Portland,so that shines another light on this and the boneyard will have to view it through a more nuanced lens. Fortunately, that is our strong suit.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom