OT: Basement Flooding | The Boneyard

OT: Basement Flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know there was a thread here in the Spring about this but can anyone recommend a good company in the West Hartford area for basements? I have two sump pumps but that doesn't seem to be enough.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I know there was a thread here in the Spring about this but can anyone recommend a good company in the West Hartford area for basements? I have two sump pumps but that doesn't seem to be enough.
I used CT Basement Systems to install a system in my basement 7 years ago. Not a drop of water since. Had to partially un-finish and then re-finish, but was worth it. Expensive, but highly recommend.

Reaction Score
I've had some bad water issues in the past, as recently as this spring- simply re-routing downspouts/gutter drains and adding lengths to get the water farther away from the house fixed that. A lot cheaper than hiring someone. Home Depot has bendable plastic drains that you can hook up to the downspouts to change the direction of the water as well.

Reaction Score
We had a system installed this spring. The company was called Budget Dry Waterproofing. Price was about 5g less than CT Basement Systems and 10g lower than Mid Atlantic. The salesman was no pressure at all where the guy from Mid Atlantic was a nightmare and used scare tactics to try and get us to sign. Here absolutely made sure that my girlfriend was there for the presentation. Then proceeded to tell us our walls were going to fall in.

We had the complete system installed for 5k OTD. They guarantee that water will not pass under, over, or around the system.

Reaction Score
Like both of the last 2 posts. Unless you live in a swamp or a real runoff area do whatever you can to run that roof water at least 6 ft away from the foundation. Look around and see where maybe planting a thirsty tree with deep roots might help with an area that tends to send water your way.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Our garage roof slopes towards the breezeway roof and funnels off an immense amount of water, too much for the gutters to handle. This summer we hired a guy to dig a trench, put in a pipe that collects the rainwater runoff, then directs it 10' away into the garden. It cost $400. We're very happy that the floor of the basement has been perfectly dry since we had the work done, even in the most recent monsoon.

Reaction Score
I am very happy with the CT Basement Systems system that I had put in about 3 years ago. Dry as the proverbial bone ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom