OT - Baseball - The Brutal NL Central | The Boneyard

OT - Baseball - The Brutal NL Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
The top 3 teams in the NL Central are in the top 4 for overall record in baseball. Chicago in 3rd place in the division would be in first place in 4 other divisions yet they are 8 back in their division.

If things play out as they are the 3rd and 4th best teams in baseball will play a one game series to get to face the best team in baseball.

That's a really brutal division.

Reaction Score
Yes it is and baseball getting interesting now. Season wearing down and each game for the contenders has meaning. Sorry red Sox fans. How about my mets! We have been waiting a long time for some fun this late in the season.

Reaction Score
Might be the same in AL East. Currently Orioles and Toronto own the two wild card spots with the Yanks leading in the division.

Reaction Score
Odds are slim but what about a subway series. If that happens I'll be seeing my scalper Johnny tickets.

Reaction Score
NL Central is so tough... lot of games left between Cards-Bucs-Cubs left on the schedule too....last 3 game set of the season is Pirates vs Cubs at Wrigley.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
as a lifelong Cubbies fan I'm liking this BUT I can't help but think 1969 and waiting for the bust

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
A few years ago who would've seen the Cubs, Pirates and Royals with 3 of the top 4 records in baseball anytime soon, good for them.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Weird side effect to this: Tonight, Chicago 4th best record in baseball is 8 or 9 games back of St Louis in the division and they are rooting for STL to win because STL is playing SF who is 3 games behind Chicago in the wild card race.

I know this happens a lot in September when things are almost locked, but to be rooting for the team in front of you in the division in mid August is very odd. Two teams in front of them and they are only hoping to be a wild card team with the 4th best record in baseball. Very strange.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Might be the same in AL East. Currently Orioles and Toronto own the two wild card spots with the Yanks leading in the division.

Not the same. NL Central = 3 of top 4 teams in MLB. AL East = not remotely close to that.

As a Pirates fan, it does suck. Especially since in 2013 and 2014 and likely this year, Bucs would've been in postseason and NLCS if it was still one WC team. But it is what it is. Maybe next year the Pirates will try to start the season in April instead of May.

Cubs fans seem to just want to make the postseason... they don't care about being the 2nd WC. If Pittsburgh can essentially eliminate the Giants from the WC race this weekend, Cubs fans are all for it.

Reaction Score
Not the same. NL Central = 3 of top 4 teams in MLB. AL East = not remotely close to that.

As a Pirates fan, it does suck. Especially since in 2013 and 2014 and likely this year, Bucs would've been in postseason and NLCS if it was still one WC team. But it is what it is. Maybe next year the Pirates will try to start the season in April instead of May.

Cubs fans seem to just want to make the postseason... they don't care about being the 2nd WC. If Pittsburgh can essentially eliminate the Giants from the WC race this weekend, Cubs fans are all for it.

exactly right on all fronts. cubs fans (and front office it seems) see the team as being a year ahead of schedule, so if they make the WC game, they dont really care if they have to play it at PNC. although they would obviously prefer to play at Wrigley...

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The Mets now own the largest division lead in the NL at 5 games, which is ridiculous considering the Cardinals are 77-44.

Reaction Score
My mets; my mets!! Go mets and love those lovable cabbies. Both teams need to close the deal.

Reaction Score
I was at the Rockies Mets game last night and it was a home run fest. Mets whole lineup can hit. Also, Bartolo Colon is a ridiculously large man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom