OT- Barkley and Shaq make for great TV | The Boneyard

OT- Barkley and Shaq make for great TV

Reaction Score
Agreed it was weird. Almost uncomfortable to watch as it was happening. Those two got into a scuffle on the court. I remember Barkley doing a double leg takedown of Shaq. TNT may have to separate those 2 to save themselves an embarrassment.

Reaction Score
I give it to Chuck. He never took any crap. I remember when he slapped Oakley. That was classic.

Reaction Score
Agreed it was weird. Almost uncomfortable to watch as it was happening. Those two got into a scuffle on the court. I remember Barkley doing a double leg takedown of Shaq. TNT may have to separate those 2 to save themselves an embarrassment.
They make amazing TV. Barkley finally got fed up with Shaq telling him he knows nothing about what it takes to win a championship because he mever won a chamionship. I like Shaw but he says this almost every time they have a show.

Reaction Score
Shaq is just a much better player than Barkley which makes it hard to take when Barkley responds and talks about Kobe's coat tails, that's whacked. Shaq was the MVP & the most dominant player we have seen in the league in a long time, if ever.

Reaction Score
Shaq is just a much better player than Barkley which makes it hard to take when Barkley responds and talks about Kobe's coat tails, that's whacked. Shaq was the MVP & the most dominant player we have seen in the league in a long time, if ever.
Shaq was the better player but Barkley is one of the best power forwards ever and a dominant player. Barkley was also MVP, he never won a championship because he never had the players around him (also played during the Jordan era) until he was way past his prime and hopped on Houston for a couple to try and chase the ring.

As dominant and great as Shaq was he never lived up to what he could have been. He is the greatest combination of size, coordination, speed and athleticism the league has ever seen...he had a chance to be the best ever. Yet at 8 inches shorter Barkley was a better rebounder. Never got the sense, Shaq had the "killer" in him or the desire to be the best ever like some of the other all-time greats.

Reaction Score
Peak Shaq was about as good as you could get. He was pretty unstoppable. I don't remember a hack a (insert player name) before him.

Reaction Score
Shaq's foot thing was funny. Weird looking stuff

Peak Shaq was about as good as you could get. He was pretty unstoppable. I don't remember a hack a (insert player name) before him.

Reaction Score

No, no, no. It's a fantastic show and so much more enjoyable than all of the PC crap you see out there these days. These guys are funny, they know what they are talking about and they are genuine in their assessments of what they see during these games. We need more sports broadcasting like this, not less.

Reaction Score
Shaq was the better player but Barkley is one of the best power forwards ever and a dominant player. Barkley was also MVP, he never won a championship because he never had the players around him (also played during the Jordan era) until he was way past his prime and hopped on Houston for a couple to try and chase the ring.

As dominant and great as Shaq was he never lived up to what he could have been. He is the greatest combination of size, coordination, speed and athleticism the league has ever seen...he had a chance to be the best ever. Yet at 8 inches shorter Barkley was a better rebounder. Never got the sense, Shaq had the "killer" in him or the desire to be the best ever like some of the other all-time greats.
Agreed, Shaq could've been a top 5 player of all time, maybe even top 3, but didn't have the desire or will to push himself beyond greatness. With him coming to camp out of shape year in, year out, and all the side shows and business he did off the court it always really bothered me.

Let's not get it twisted though he's still in my top 15 & teetering on top 10 of all time.

Barkley is not & shouldn't state that Shaq was riding Kobe's coat tails because that wasn't the case, just to be honest.

Great respect for Barkley as a player, what he was able to do at his size is remarkable, but he was never as dominant or as good as Shaq.

Reaction Score
15x all star, 4x champ, 8th most points, 14th most boards, 8th most blocks, incredible rapper, even better actor, what more are you implying "could have been"?
Read my post below, that is why.

Reaction Score
Agreed, Shaq could've been a top 5 player of all time, maybe even top 3, but didn't have the desire or will to push himself beyond greatness. With him coming to camp out of shape year in, year out, and all the side shows and business he did off the court it always really bothered me.

Let's not get it twisted though he's still in my top 15 & teetering on top 10 of all time.

Barkley is not & shouldn't state that Shaq was riding Kobe's coat tails because that wasn't the case, just to be honest.

Great respect for Barkley as a player, what he was able to do at his size is remarkable, but he was never as dominant or as good as Shaq.

You guys realize that when Barkley says that, he is not being serious right? If you watch that TNT show enough, you'll also find a number of times when Barkley says things such as "I wasn't as great a player as you Shaq". It's all just part of a great show.

Reaction Score
No, no, no. It's a fantastic show and so much more enjoyable than all of the PC crap you see out there these days. These guys are funny, they know what they are talking about and they are genuine in their assessments of what they see during these games. We need more sports broadcasting like this, not less.

I would question the part about them knowing what they're talking about, but I also love the show. I'm not a huge Shaq fan as a personality but Barkley was made for TV in a way few athletes have ever been.

Reaction Score
I like all of them and Ernie is awesome

The Jet is probably the best pure analyst of them

I heard Russillo say recently it is considered the best program in sports for its purpose, but considered nearly impossible to replicate

I would question the part about them knowing what they're talking about, but I also love the show. I'm not a huge Shaq fan as a personality but Barkley was made for TV in a way few athletes have ever been.

Reaction Score
Just saw a clip after one of the games in Cleveland. Just kind of cool. Every NBA champion since 1984 has a guy on the team that was a teammate of Shaq. And the streak will continue.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ernie is what makes that whole thing work. Love that dude. I like Kenny too. Charles makes me chuckle at times, but he settles for the buffoon role instead of getting into actual analysis far too often. I'm not as big a fan of the Shaq addition. Shaq's fine, but I don't like the new dynamic as much.

Reaction Score

I think they definitely know what they are talking about. What may obscure that for some is the fact that they basically sit around and talk like a bunch of regular guys would, as opposed to just mindlessly repeating stats, etc. It think the show really resonates with guys like me because it reminds me of when I was younger and would watch games with my friends and basically just laugh and have a good time. This is the same thing, but with hall of famers doing the talking.

Besides, where else can you get stuff like this?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom