OT -- Barbara Stevens on cusp of 1,000 wins | The Boneyard

OT -- Barbara Stevens on cusp of 1,000 wins

Reaction Score
And a very wise woman, too. A hard life lesson learned: that, even if you have the talent and success, you don't need to do what "you're supposed to." Sometimes the hardest--and wisest--thing to do is to pass up an opportunity. "Grow where you're planted," as they used to say....

“It’s very meaningful to me to have continuity at Bentley,” Stevens said. “I loved my job at Clark University, loved the people I worked with. I left because I thought that careerwise you’re supposed to move up if you have the opportunity. It’s what you’re supposed to do so. If people want you, I had those visions in my head. I left Clark to go to UMass-Amherst. It was difficult, those were three unsuccessful seasons. I was glad to go to Bentley.”

Reaction Score
I've been fortunate that a good friend is a Bentley grad. I've been with her to some games, including the games leading up to the 2014 Championship. The program is a class act and is run the way most schools can only dream about.

Reaction Score
Good job. Barbara Stevens represents the real meaning of "Educator". I never met her, but all the articles I read over the years about her were impressive. Good luck in pursuing your life's love of coaching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom