OT- Bama's 2016 signee Charles Baldwins dismissed from team | The Boneyard

OT- Bama's 2016 signee Charles Baldwins dismissed from team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For violation of team rules. He was expected to challenge for a starting spot on the line.

Reaction Score
So you start a thread about a player getting dismissed from a team that is not in any form related to UConn, i.e., former conference mate, etc. and yet you don't even provide a link or why we should care?

How are we supposed to start a thread about whether or not he would be interested in us? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
So you start a thread about a player getting dismissed from a team that is not in any form related to UConn, i.e., former conference mate, etc. and yet you don't even provide a link or why we should care?

How are we supposed to start a thread about whether or not he would be interested in us? :rolleyes:
He is a Windsor kid. Maybe they can play,the I'm coming home song for,him.

Reaction Score

Held a UConn offer... Alabama dismisses JUCO transfer Charles Baldwin from team - Alabama News

You must of really effed up to get dismissed from Bama. They do anything to protect those players.

Guessing it depends on where you are on depth chart.

From a 247 article that can't be linked:

>In the spring, Baldwin took reps with what appeared to be the third-team offensive line, while fellow early enrollee Jonah Williams was the right tackle with the first unit. Baldwin entered the A-Day Game as a reserve with the second team.

"He’s got a lot of ability," Saban said of Baldwin earlier this spring. "He’s got a lot to learn. He’s got a long way to go. We’re going to continue to work with him, to get him to do things right, to get him to buy into doing things the way we need him to do them so he can have success here. I think it might take some time but we’ve got a lot of patience and got a lot of people around here that are willing to see what we can make work with him."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Held a UConn offer... Alabama dismisses JUCO transfer Charles Baldwin from team - Alabama News

Guessing it depends on where you are on depth chart.

From a 247 article that can't be linked:

>In the spring, Baldwin took reps with what appeared to be the third-team offensive line, while fellow early enrollee Jonah Williams was the right tackle with the first unit. Baldwin entered the A-Day Game as a reserve with the second team.

"He’s got a lot of ability," Saban said of Baldwin earlier this spring. "He’s got a lot to learn. He’s got a long way to go. We’re going to continue to work with him, to get him to do things right, to get him to buy into doing things the way we need him to do them so he can have success here. I think it might take some time but we’ve got a lot of patience and got a lot of people around here that are willing to see what we can make work with him."[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Saban was saying he needs to listen to the coaches and do things the way the coaches want it done. Which sounds like the kid had to want to work to get better and work his way up the depth chart. Doesn't seem like Baldwin wanted to put in the work.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
You must of really effed up to get dismissed from Bama. They do anything to protect those players.

Saban "processes" guys all the time. I agree that it would not be beneath Bama to cover up, but Saban has a tight leash on his teams, and won't tolerate behavior that would hurt it. Whatever this kid did, it was detrimental to the team's goal of winning. That's just how Saban operates.

Reaction Score
Saban "processes" guys all the time. I agree that it would not be beneath Bama to cover up, but Saban has a tight leash on his teams, and won't tolerate behavior that would hurt it. Whatever this kid did, it was detrimental to the team's goal of winning. That's just how Saban operates.
OR maybe he got there and they were,like who , gave this kid a 5* ranking?

Son, your ability is detrimental to the team. You are dismissed.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

They don't straight up boot the kid. They tell him the path to playing time is so extreme that he'll never meet all the criterion by the time his eligibility is up.

Reaction Score
I'd be all over it if it were a possibility of him ending up in Storrs, CT.. For him to get canned by 'Bama that's probably not going to happen....

Glad your sense of humor isn't slipping :)

Reaction Score
From what I heard it has to do with him not being able to accept his place as a rookie combined with what you might call anger management problems. Saban puts great store in new players having to earn their place relative to upperclassmen. Being a couple of years out of HS he did not like the way some on the team treated him. He got into it with two seniors.

Reaction Score
From what I heard it has to do with him not being able to accept his place as a rookie combined with what you might call anger management problems. Saban puts great store in new players having to earn their place relative to upperclassmen. Being a couple of years out of HS he did not like the way some on the team treated him. He got into it with two seniors.
I honestly figured it was something along those lines.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score

Yes, Saban will process someone like that quickly as well. Again, they only care about the team. Guy could be a serial killer, but if he's 110% in practice and the players respect him, he can stay.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
They don't straight up boot the kid. They tell him the path to playing time is so extreme that he'll never meet all the criterion by the time his eligibility is up.

No, Saban straight up boots kids. Does it every year to a few kids that are looking at 3rd string their 3rd yea in the program. He flat out tells them their scholarship is not renewed.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Now we'll get to see the true litmus test of Saban's discipline.

Two All SEC starters were arrested last night in Louisiana with weed and a stolen gun (felony). Cam Robinson is an All-SEC O Tackle and Hootie Jones an All SEC safety. Will be interesting to see if they get a "Team Vote" or the boot.

Robinson is the potential #1 pick in next year's draft. What an idiot.

Reaction Score
Now we'll get to see the true litmus test of Saban's discipline.

Two All SEC starters were arrested last night in Louisiana with weed and a stolen gun (felony). Cam Robinson is an All-SEC O Tackle and Hootie Jones an All SEC safety. Will be interesting to see if they get a "Team Vote" or the boot.

Robinson is the potential #1 pick in next year's draft. What an idiot.
Robinson is from LA, you think he'd be arrested there if he was at LSU?
LA is Louisiana. Sorry.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Robinson is from LA, you think he'd be arrested there if he was at LSU?
LA is Louisiana. Sorry.

For a stolen handgun? Yeah. Maybe not for a small amount of weed though. Cops down there love incarcerating young black men more than they love their sports teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom