OT: Baker Mayfield...again. | The Boneyard

OT: Baker Mayfield...again.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Guy can’t get out of his own way. If he just laughed off the KU handshake diss he’d have gotten himself killer props and for the first time in his life not looked like a . I guess he just couldn’t relinquish the spot light.

Reaction Score
Guy can’t get out of his own way. If he just laughed off the KU handshake diss he’d have gotten himself killer props and for the first time in his life not looked like a . I guess he just couldn’t relinquish the spot light.

I could see flipping out over that. The dbags are the classless KU captains. At least the kid has some friggin righteous intensity.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of the Michael Jackson move but KU was pretty classless not shaking hands. No problem with him spewing profanities and pointing at them but the crotch grab was pretty stupid.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I mean, this is sort of what makes sports fun...taunting is exciting to watch and gives us something to talk about. It's good for sports. And he's really, really good...if you want him to stop taunting you, shut him down. I kind of with our own team was more unsportsmanlike. Not saying I want us grabbing our sacks exactly, but it shows that you've got a desire to humiliate your opponent and beat them down. We lack that on any level

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm with the minority here. You offer a handshake to begin a game and the other team leaves you to hold your... coin flip?

I would have lost my mind, too. Was it on the crass side? Okay. But there are some things you just don't do in competitions...

(I suppose planting a flag in the middle of someone else's field would qualify as something you just don't do either)

Reaction Score
The only thing I have a problem with is the crotch grab everything else is fine with me, the Giants need someone with his intensity.

Reaction Score
The only thing I have a problem with is the crotch grab everything else is fine with me, the Giants need someone with his intensity.

UCONN needs someone with that intensity.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Not that I would have done this, but what the Kansas players did was classless to say the least. He is a spirited player who is high strung and a winner. I wish he was a Husky even with antics. He wants to win. UConn needs more of that

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Guys, the point of my post was that absolutely the KU players were classless in their instigating and all Mayfield had to do was pretty much not grab his balls and he’s the hero but he did and it’s another negative story for him. Also worth noting he got clocked on one of the most blatant roughing the passer penalties I’ve seen.

Reaction Score
Some are calling him the new Manziel. I don't see Johnny Football apologizing for something like this

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Some are calling him the new Manziel. I don't see Johnny Football apologizing for something like this
I get that there are some parelells and it’s an easy leap but I don’t see it. He is intense and exudes passion for football. I didn’t see that from Johnny. I don’t know if he participates in the same off the field activities as Manziel but I’d be very surprised if he was a drug addict. He seems like the dude on your softball team who is laid back drinking beers in the parking lot after the game and wouldn’t hurt a fly but he’s ready to rip someone’s head off when the score the mercy run on a tag up.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
It's amazing to watch Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold and then find out that Darnold is the #1 prospect and Mayfield won't go in the first round most likely. Weird

Reaction Score
It's amazing to watch Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold and then find out that Darnold is the #1 prospect and Mayfield won't go in the first round most likely. Weird

OT but I don't get the Darnold hype at all. I would take Rosen over him by a country mile. Not even a hard decision in my mind. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but I think Rosen is gonna have the better pro career.

Reaction Score
I think it's because Mayfield is a bit short for a starting NFL qb?

Reaction Score
Maybe I missed it ... but did anyone from the Kansas coaching staff apologize for their classless act? I don't believe the Kansas captains would have done that on their own. And if they did the coaching staff should ask them to apologize.

Think what you want about Mayfield ... but his apology made him the closest thing to an adult in this entire situation.

Reaction Score
Maybe I missed it ... but did anyone from the Kansas coaching staff apologize for their classless act? I don't believe the Kansas captains would have done that on their own. And if they did the coaching staff should ask them to apologize.

Think what you want about Mayfield ... but his apology made him the closest thing to an adult in this entire situation.

Something about "they shouldn't have done it but happy they defended their grass" or something like that. The old non-apology apology.

Reaction Score
Just ridiculous that his draft stock would take a hit because of this one incident, Tom Brady trash talks on the field in games and people call him competitive.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
His draft stock won’t take the teeniest tiniest little hit over this. Nor should it...if I ever see the Kansas football, I’ll probably taunt them on general principle, too.

Jameis Winston was a freaking one-man crime spree at FSU and no one cared.

Reaction Score
I loved the flag plant, hated the apology. Just wish an OSU player would have charged the field and pushed them off the O.
I don't like the crotch grab and will ridicule my family OU fans over it but I don't really care it happened. It will have 0 affect on his future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom