OT: Austin Nichols | The Boneyard

OT: Austin Nichols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dismissed from Virginia. Woah. Long wait for Virginia fans for nothing.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
If it wasn't something really bad, I could enjoy picturing him playing for the Huskies. But I won't because UConn is not in a position to take chances on kids who are "high risk."

Reaction Score
Was just about to post this. That changes things in the ACC, maybe even nationally.

Jeez, man, those Memphis teams Pastner coached had some real loons. Maybe we were too hard on him.

Reaction Score
Was just coming here to post this. I was psyched to have him at uva, but that ended quickly...

Trying to ask around to see what actually happened

Reaction Score
Will be very interesting to see where he ends up. Usually Memphis is where kids like this go for their second chance, this dude seemed to pull off the reverse.

Don't know much about Bennett other than that he's extremely religious and seems well respected by everybody in the business. I wonder if he runs a tighter ship than most. He might just be a different cat, not in a good/bad way but you just listen to him talk and you start getting ready for the holy music to start playing in the background.

My guess is he just throws his hat in the draft at this point.

Reaction Score
Rumor is weed was a big issue. Not an academic issue

Might have been repeated drug test failures or something

Reaction Score
Rumor is weed was a big issue. Not an academic issue

Might have been repeated drug test failures or something

I have heard from a UVa alum I work with that it was not weed but all he knows is that it's not weed and it's "really bad."

Reaction Score
I have heard from a UVa alum I work with that it was not weed but all he knows is that it's not weed and it's "really bad."
Ya I checked with the insiders over on the sabre and even they're not 100%

Weed was the twitter rumor, but Bennett is being really weird about releasing any details.

There are no criminal charges for him pending in cville currently

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Knowing about Bennett and UVA its probably something that Cuse, Kensucky and others would overlook
Too bad because the kid can play
Wouldn't doubt if it was drugs - the whole Memphis team looked and acted like they were on something
Likely to go pro or end up at Cuse!!!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This is what's weird:

He had been previously suspended for Virginia’s two preseason scrimmages and the season-opening victory at UNC Greensboro on Nov. 11.

So he was suspended 3 games for something, then reinstated, now kicked off the team. Bizarre.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
If it wasn't something really bad, I could enjoy picturing him playing for the Huskies. But I won't because UConn is not in a position to take chances on kids who are "high risk."
why not?
How's that saying go:
desperate times call for desperate measures

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
why not?
How's that saying go:
desperate times call for desperate measures
This is what memphis did after Cal, they took all the misfit toys because they were desperate to stay relevant. Never go full memphis.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
This is what memphis did after Cal, they took all the misfit toys because they were desperate to stay relevant. Never go full memphis.
Well let's not take "all" of them, but maybe let one guy who's crazy talented, who happens to like a lil nose candy.
By no means go "full Memphis" that's a bad look, but "quarter Memphis".... It might be beneficial. Kinda like Sean Penn in rainman.;)

Just Win Baby!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
BUMP :oops:
L0xghc.gif

Reaction Score
Too bad for him - blew a great opportunity at a great basketball and academic school. Hurts UVA also - they'll still float around the top 20/15 a good chunk of the season, but they lost a lot last year between Brogdon, Tobey, and Gill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom