OT: Aussie Open | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Aussie Open

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Congrats to Serena. Winning her 23rd Major. Its only a matter of time before she ties and passes Margaret Court who has the record at 24 Majors.

Not a dominating performance by Serena. Had just enough control of her serve and utilized her power to beat Venus. I thought Venus played well, but was never a threat to beat Serena.
I dont think Serena play Venus with the edge like she do everyone else

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Well. That men's final was pretty incredible. Hats off to both of them for putting on such an unbelievable show!

Reaction Score
The elation on Roger's face when he realized he won was something, wasn't it?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
What an incredible weekend of tennis. I never doubted that Serena would win over Venus but I had no idea what to expect in the Rafa/Roger match.

I am so happy to see Roger win an 18th title, especially over Rafa and at this age and also after such a long layoff. When he was down in the 5th I was watching the match in bed and just covered my head and listened because I couldn't watch. But my ears soon perked up and before a few minutes I was glued to the TV again.

Rafa looked completely disgusted standing on the podium after the match and looked like he would rather have been anywhere else in the world.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
that 5th set, "longest rally" wow.... glad I'm able to watch this #replay #RogerThat

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So glad Roger and Serena won. American women's tennis seems to be on the uptick. Coco and Jen Brady played well. Keys should be back soon. Other American women also won the trophy - Mattek-Sands in doubles and Abigail Spears in mixed doubles.

Rafa never gave up, but I found myself asking on MANY occasions - isn't there anyone who can find him underwear that doesn't ride up his ass?????

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
And finally, I am pleased that a wcbb board can have nearly 2000 look-ins for tennis. We have broad horizons, my friends.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Hey y'all, remember that time Roger Federer won the Aussie Open by virtue of a five -set victory over arch-nemesis Rafa Nadal? That was awesome...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom