OT: Attending A HS Game Thursday? Which One And Why? | The Boneyard

OT: Attending A HS Game Thursday? Which One And Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mine is closest to home Bethel v Brookfield. Not my alma-mater, but a game with a state playoff berth at stake and a good rivalry in this league.

Reaction Score
Phillipsburg v. Easton. NJ v. Pa. One of the great old time state line battles that a lot of family members have been involved in through the years. My youngest cousin will be playing for Pburg.

Reaction Score
Sitting at work until Noon, then heading to sister-in-law's for the Turkey day celebration. Otherwise, would be at the Apple Classic a.k.a. Southington vs. Cheshire. As most of you know, both of my sons played for the Knights during their H.S. days.

Reaction Score
McMahon-Norwalk. Been going for years.
I would like to see New Canaan-Darien, but I don't own an ascott.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Phillipsburg v. Easton. NJ v. Pa. One of the great old time state line battles that a lot of family members have been involved in through the years. My youngest cousin will be playing for Pburg.

You're from the wrong side of the river obviously.

I have probably been to nine or ten of them over the years.

107th meeting today. My parents were both raised in Easton and I spent most holidays there. I was just reading the preview of the game a few minutes ago.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/spo...n_and_phillipsburg_footba_2.html#incart_river

Not that records matter, but it's even better when both teams have good records. No moral victories today.

Go Red Rovers.

As an oh by the way, you don't see authorized bon fires like this much any more.

-de8cf80c1db7becc.jpg

Reaction Score
Green Bowl. Hamden versus Notre Dame WH. Hometown versus Alma Mater.

Little frost on the pumpkins this morning. Brrr

ND up 29-0 @ half. Not even that close.

Edit: ND 43-7 Final.

Last edited:

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
If I was home, it'd be Naugy/Ansonia. My class may be the last Naugy class that never lost to the Chargers. Playoffs are underway in Ohio. No turkey day HS football :)

Reaction Score
If I was home, it'd be Naugy/Ansonia. My class may be the last Naugy class that never lost to the Chargers. Playoffs are underway in Ohio. No turkey day HS football :)

Ansonia up 45-22 in third. Newsome has close to 400yds and 6 TDs?.

Edit:

MikePucciNHR1:03pm via Twitter for iPhone
Ansonia will defeat Naugy 66-28 Chargers (12-0) win 40th straight. #cthsfb

Holy crap - 40 straight wins??

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Same boat here, would be Naugy Ansonia. Go Greyhounds!

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Same boat here, would be Naugy Ansonia. Go Greyhounds!
I'd go to the same game but go Chargers! When I went to Ansonia HS, we were the Lavender.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I played for Naugy but had good friends that played for both Seymour and Ansonia. Made for some fun times at the bar in later years.

Reaction Score
watched the darien-new canaan game. Epic. Darien really controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides, but had five turnovers, the last being a strip of the QB returned for a TD that game NC the lead late. NC had scored on first play of game and then in last minute of first half, otherwise did nothing. Darien went length of field, aided by a 4th down roughing passer call and scored go ahead TD to make it 28-24 with less than one minute left. NC drive length of field again, get to 8 yard line with 2 seconds left, but past pass incomplete. really great game. both teams run no huddle, pistol style offenses, both lines are big and both teams have WRs/DBs who make plays.

Reaction Score
huskymedic said:
Green Bowl. Hamden versus Notre Dame WH. Hometown versus Alma Mater. Little frost on the pumpkins this morning. Brrr ND up 29-0 @ half. Not even that close. Edit: ND 43-7 Final.

Ugh. I haven't been to a Green Bowl in years. Should go back at some point. HHS 89.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Cheshire vs Southington - homecoming game and senior recognition day. My son is in the marching band and I was chair of the sr. recognition activities.

Cheshire is rebuilding this year and a blowout was expected. However, the Rams lost to rival Southington 21-7 in a fairly respectable showing on on an emotional day. And the marching band was awesome.

Reaction Score
Two of my nephews played for PBurg. Good program. Attended kennedy vs crosby in wtby today. Kennedy grad.

Reaction Score
Another game of interest from this area Catasauqua defeated Northampton 43-28. I did not attend either one of these schools. I attended and played for Pen Argyl a long time ago. I had an interst because Donyell Marshall's son Paryss plays for Catasauqua. He was the MVP.

"Senior Paryss Marshall was voted Catty's MVP after he made two interceptions, including one that was returned 67 yards for a touchdown, and also caught four passes for 125 yards and another score."
http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-catty-northampton-football-20131128,0,510674.story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom