OT: Armoni Sexton Future150 murdered | The Boneyard

OT: Armoni Sexton Future150 murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Freshman Armoni Sexton of Paterson Charter was killed last night in a shootout in Paterson, NJ.. kid was a f150 player for 2018- sad generally but hate hearing stories when kids like this cant make it out of bad neighbors. The coach knew he was a target for rival gangs and was pretty public about getting some of these kids to different schools.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Freshman Armoni Sexton of Paterson Charter was killed last night in a shootout in Paterson, NJ.. kid was a f150 player for 2018- sad generally but hate hearing stories when kids like this cant make it out of bad neighbors. The coach knew he was a target for rival gangs and was pretty public about getting some of these kids to different schools.
Now THIS is a story of wasted talent. He could have been something. He could have fizzled, but the world will never know because some else determined his fate for him.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
UConn Esq's post referred to him being a target.

Reaction Score
Now THIS is a story of wasted talent. He could have been something. He could have fizzled, but the world will never know because some else determined his fate for him.
You really need to get over it bro. Its pretty pathetic.

Reaction Score
UConn Esq's post referred to him being a target.

Its just a really bad neighborhood and he was known to be associated with a local gang. The hit that claimed his life was retaliatory for another murder that happened recently. When you're the star basketball player hanging around gangs and you stand out like a sore thumb I think you're going to be a target, especially when your gang is shooting up Paterson. Coach Tommie Patterson knew of the violence and tried convincing him to attend a prep school instead but couldn't get him to leave.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Its just a really bad neighborhood and he was known to be associated with a local gang.

I don't know where you heard that he was associated with a gang. Everything I've read says he was a good kid who wasn't a gang member. His passion was playing basketball. He just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, according to the news reports I've read.

Reaction Score
I don't know where you heard that he was associated with a gang. Everything I've read says he was a good kid who wasn't a gang member. His passion was playing basketball. He just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, according to the news reports I've read.

Respectfully, I think you're being naive here. This shooting happened in retaliation for another killing. Maybe he is a good kid. Maybe his passion was basketball. But what do you expect when you surround yourself with criminals and people undertaking gang violence. Maybe he wasn't IN the gang, but when the three other people you are with are in a gang what's the difference? This killing was planned. It was not a random drive by shooting. The shots were fired around 8:30pm. Thats not random. Kids in Paterson, NJ have a 9pm curfew by local ordinance. These kids were walking home and were targeted specifically. The Police discussed after that they have to add more cops this week because they fear another retaliation stemming from this. Do you know who retaliates? Gang members.. not your friends who share a passion for basketball.

Reaction Score
So, without anyone reporting that he was in a gang, you just inferred that he must have been murdered because he had it coming?

Reaction Score
You kinda did.

You can listen to what Im saying or you can argue about. I dont know your credentials on the subject but I do extensive criminal work in Paterson. I know the judges, prosecutors, etc. I know Tommie well. I know this investigation well. I know exactly what's going on regarding this matter and all I was trying to do was discuss a sad situation involving an extremely talented teenager who is stuck in a bad situation that ended up costing him his life. If you want to get into an argument over semantics we can do that but it doesn't make you any more educated regarding this matter.

Reaction Score
Its just a really bad neighborhood and he was known to be associated with a local gang. The hit that claimed his life was retaliatory for another murder that happened recently. When you're the star basketball player hanging around gangs and you stand out like a sore thumb I think you're going to be a target, especially when your gang is shooting up Paterson. Coach Tommie Patterson knew of the violence and tried convincing him to attend a prep school instead but couldn't get him to leave.

Sad. The kid may have had the opportunity to escape the hellhole that Patterson has become like Victor Cruz with the Giants. Rosa Parks Avenue is know as "Death Avenue" for a reason. The paper I get noted that his family sent him to Carolina for the summer; but, he was concerned about his Mom and came back.

Reaction Score
Many 'friends' have problems and could be associated with gangs. In fact in inner city high schools its difficult not to have friends outside of gangs. His friend could have been long-time from grade school, neighbor or family associate who made a wrong turn along the way.

Friends can mean playing video games together, going to the mall, or some other casual activity. What I'm saying is that just because he was associated with a gang member doesn't make him a gang banger, or even a sympathizer. Furthermore its obvious he was looking to escape through basketball, which may have been his only option.

And to say he shouldn't be around such kids is not understanding the dynamics of inner city high schools. There just ain't too many options. In fact many kids want to hang out with him for obvious reasons.

This is simply the wrong place at the wrong time, and it could happen to any star athlete (or good kid) anywhere in the USA. All too tragic story being written over and over again.

Reaction Score
You can listen to what Im saying or you can argue about. I dont know your credentials on the subject but I do extensive criminal work in Paterson. I know the judges, prosecutors, etc. I know Tommie well. I know this investigation well. I know exactly what's going on regarding this matter and all I was trying to do was discuss a sad situation involving an extremely talented teenager who is stuck in a bad situation that ended up costing him his life. If you want to get into an argument over semantics we can do that but it doesn't make you any more educated regarding this matter.

When you were asked how you knew the kid was involved with the gang, you told the other poster they were naive (i.e. that they should have been able to figure it out from the publicly available info) not that you were an insider.

Semantics matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32