OT Arizona has fired Mike Stoops | The Boneyard

OT Arizona has fired Mike Stoops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Arizona has fired Mike Stoops after a 1-5 start. Tim Kish has been named interim head coach.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Wow. Ouch...guess that's what happens when you lose to Oregon State.

Reaction Score
Don't think he will have a tough time finding work, either as a head coach or D Coordinator.

Reaction Score
Names mentioned to replace Stoops on Football Rumormill tweet
Peterson, Fedora, Mullen, Belloti

Reaction Score
Names mentioned to replace Stoops on Football Rumormill tweet
Peterson, Fedora, Mullen, Belloti

Peterson isn't going anywhere. He built that program up to a name brand, he will stay just like other program builders like Frank Beamer. Can't see Mullen leaving for Arizona.

He has been thrown out whenever there is a job opening, but I think Mike Leach fits well, there.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Arizona AD has histoy with Belloti @ Oregon...keep an eye on that name. Leach should be in play here too...ESPECIALLY since the Pac12 doesn't have their tv contract with ESPN.

Reaction Score
I don't know follow their program closely, so I don't know if there is more going on, but firing Stoops seems like a strong reaction to a poor start. Didn't Arizona have a good year last year? I guess that only earned their coach a 6 game leash.

Reaction Score
Arizona started 7-1 last season...10 straight losses since over 1-A teams. A little surprising they didn't wait until the end of the season though. Yeah they just got beat by 0-4 Oregon St, but before that they lost to Oklahoma St, Oregon, Stanford, and USC. Not many teams in the country are gonna be able to run that gauntlet.

Reaction Score
Peterson isn't going anywhere. He built that program up to a name brand, he will stay just like other program builders like Frank Beamer. Can't see Mullen leaving for Arizona.

He has been thrown out whenever there is a job opening, but I think Mike Leach fits well, there.

Mike Leach would have fit well at UConn. Imagine an offense that scored more TDs than the defense?

Reaction Score

I beg to differ... IMO, he's gone if Arizona comes a callin... Dude knows how to win... and doing at the BCS level in the PAC 12 would probably be a challenge he'd like to take on, especially knowing he's gonna get a heckuva lot more cheese....

Reaction Score
I beg to differ... IMO, he's gone if Arizona comes a callin... Dude knows how to win... and doing at the BCS level in the PAC 12 would probably be a challenge he'd like to take on, especially knowing he's gonna get a heckuva lot more cheese....
Peterson has declined opportunities to interview elsewhere (BCS teams) in the past. I'm not ruling it out, but don't be surprised if he did balk at the chance. Bellotti would be very interesting.

IMO, I think Leach will be coaching Kansas next year. Gill ain't getting another season, and Leach would love to build a team up that can routinely beat Craig James Tech every year.

Reaction Score

Peterson has been linked to alot better BCS teams than Arizona. I think he realizes he has a good deal at Boise. He built that program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom