OT Arby’s; Restaurant of the People | The Boneyard

OT Arby’s; Restaurant of the People

Reaction Score
@August_West no wonder the Arby’s in Michigan are your favorite

Wings aren't cooking, but fans still get fries

For more than a decade, Arby's has had a promotion in which fans could receive free curly fries if a Red Wings player scored a hat trick. In some cases, fans would go to participating restaurants and have to show a box score from the previous night's game as proof. In other cases, they could just say, "I'm here for the free Wings fries."

The promotion was so popular that Red Wings announcers would reference it after hat tricks. Fans even revolted when Arby's briefly swapped the fries for free sandwiches.
But it's difficult to give away free curly fries for a hat trick when, simply put, there are no hat tricks. No Detroit Red Wings player has scored three goals in a game this season or last season, when they finished 27th in the NHL with a 30-39-13 record and ranked 28th in goals scored (217). The team had only three hat tricks in its previous two seasons combined as well.

So Arby's decided to lower the bar this season for free fries. As first noted by hockey analytics blogger Prashanth Iyer, Arby's is now giving away free curly fries for any game in which the Red Wings overall, rather than an individual player, score three or more goals.

Reaction Score
The Red Wings dominated for a while. How the mighty have fallen.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Primanti Brothers without the slaw, essentially.

@August_West , what size you going with?

This leaves Primanti brothers in the dust. What an overrated disaster that sandwich is.

You have to go big on it I would think. a half lb isnt that much meat. At all. It just looks big because its stacked high.

A katz's pastrami has way more meat.

Reaction Score
This leaves Primanti brothers in the dust. What an overrated disaster that sandwich is.

You have to go big on it I would think. a half lb isnt that much meat. At all. It just looks big because its stacked high.

A katz's pastrami has way more meat.

While we disagree on Arby’s, I couldn’t agree more on Primantis. I’ve had a large cross section of the country’s great sandwiches and Primantis was the biggest letdown of the major names.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Hang on. I made a spoon roast on Sunday. Have a big piece left in fridge.

I’m going to yank out the deli slicer and see if I can approximate this with household ingredients

Stay tuned

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Crap I don’t have cheez whiz going to have to improvise a cheese sauce here

Reaction Score
While we disagree on Arby’s, I couldn’t agree more on Primantis. I’ve had a large cross section of the country’s great sandwiches and Primantis was the biggest letdown of the major names.
John's and DiNic's roast pork in Philly, Portillo's Italian beef in Chicago, Cole's French dip in L.A.

I could go on. I sense a thread lol.

Reaction Score
John's and DiNic's roast pork in Philly, Portillo's Italian beef in Chicago, Cole's French dip in L.A.

I could go on. I sense a thread lol.

Had both roast porks, DiNics was better. Had Portillos. In Chicago, also had Al's Beef.

Muffaletta from Central Grocery in Nola.
The Ferdi's special with debris po boy from Mother's in Nola.
Jim's cheesesteaks in Philly are the best in the city.
Chap's Pit Beef in Baltimore.
Toss in a million pastrami sandwiches in NY.
Toss in any lobster roll worth its salt in New England.

Reaction Score
Had both roast porks, DiNics was better. Had Portillos. In Chicago, also had Al's Beef.

There could be a whole thread on NOLA food. The line at Mother's can be rough. Acme Oyster - oyster and shrimp Po' boys too. Yum

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I liked John’s better than DiNic’s.

Love the Central Grocery Muffaletta. Did you know you can have them shipped? That was my Christmas present to the office two years ago. They are even better two days out. You can also order the olive spread on Amazon and try your hand at replicating the sandwich yourself. The meat is the easy part. The bread is the hard part. Apicella’s sesame round from New Haven is the closest I’ve come and it is awesome.

Ferdi Special is my oldest daughter’s favorite. I usually just order a side of debris and put it on everything. But breakfast is my favorite at Mother’s and the crawfish ettouffe omelet is my go-to, with a side of Jerry’s Jambalaya.

To paraphrase @Fishy, any toddler can make a good cheesesteak.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom