OT: Aquira DeCosta Baylor | The Boneyard

OT: Aquira DeCosta Baylor

gipke1

LMULionFan
Reaction Score
What's up with Decosta? Is she hurt or something? I hope not.

She hasn't played one minute in of the last four games, even in blowout situations?

Early EARLY on, she had us (LMU) listed for consideration. Hopefully in the future that won't be such an "outrageous" thing!

Reaction Score
She was out of the boot at the game last Thursday. I'm hoping she'll be back soon. Really want to see what she can do before conference play.

Reaction Score
I expect we will see her by the South Carolina game, hopefully even next week.

Reaction Score
Baylor will have quite a nice problem when she returns...........NaLyssa Smith and DeCosta..........both freaky athletic forwards that kind of play the same position.............it would be interesting to see the two of them with either Brown or Cox up front...............if that group could't win an offensive rebound I don't know who could..............

Last edited:

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Baylor will have quite a nice problem when she returns......NaLyssa Smith and DeCosta.....both freaky athletic forwards that kind of play the same position...it would be interesting to see the two of them with either Brown or Cox up front.....if that group could't win an offensive rebound I don't know who could....
Maybe McCowan and Howard?

Reaction Score
Baylor will have quite a nice problem when she returns......NaLyssa Smith and DeCosta.....both freaky athletic forwards that kind of play the same position...it would be interesting to see the two of them with either Brown or Cox up front.....if that group could't win an offensive rebound I don't know who could....
Don’t forget about Queen Egbo. She is going to be a stud. Give her one or two years. Already looking good. I am interested to see what lineup Kim goes to with this soon to be 7-player 2022 class

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Don’t forget about Queen Egbo. She is going to be a stud. Give her one or two years. Already looking good. I am interested to see what lineup Kim goes to with this soon to be 7-player 2022 class
Yeah. Watching Egbo in the real she surprised me with her athleticism and her agility. However she has nothing to give you beyond 8 feet and DeCosta beyond 12. Forwards aren't Mulkey's problem. Distributors and shooters from the perimeter are. But and but. This Baylor team has, as it has for the last 4 years, a lot of potential. Time will tell how that potential translates. However, in watching ASU squeak by Arkansas I noticed some coaches (I see you Ms. Thorne) are drinking some of that that Mulkey fashion Kool Aid. This is a bad thing.

Reaction Score

you're right...................amazing amount of front line talent..................don't really understand why they all chose Baylor knowing that competition for playing time was going to be so fierce..............if Kim can't get to a final with this group then I just don't know if she ever will............

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
(I see you Ms. Thorne) are drinking some of that that Mulkey fashion Kool Aid. This is a bad thing.

Ooh, ouch! I'll have to pay closer attention to CTT's fashion choices.

Reaction Score
do you think Brown
Yeah. Watching Egbo in the real she surprised me with her athleticism and her agility. However she has nothing to give you beyond 8 feet and DeCosta beyond 12. Forwards aren't Mulkey's problem. Distributors and shooters from the perimeter are. But and but. This Baylor team has, as it has for the last 4 years, a lot of potential. Time will tell how that potential translates. However, in watching ASU squeak by Arkansas I noticed some coaches (I see you Ms. Thorne) are drinking some of that that Mulkey fashion Kool Aid. This is a bad thing.
Mulkey is a throwback. Seems like she's from the backwoods with her fashion style. Very odd. Is she originally from Louisiana? As weird as she seems she obviously knows how to attract talent. I think Lauren Cox is kind of strange as a player.
[ ] I'm also not sold on K. Brown being a force in the WNBA unless she really improves. That freshman front line is going to be very good though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
do you think Brown

Mulkey is a throwback. Seems like she's from the backwoods with her fashion style. Very odd. Is she originally from Louisiana? As weird as she seems she obviously knows how to attract talent. I think Lauren Cox is kind of strange as a player. I'm also not sold on K. Brown being a force in the WNBA unless she really improves. That freshman front line is going to be very good though.

It doesn't hurt that she coaches in Texas, the high school basketball Mecca!

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
you're right....amazing amount of front line talent...don't really understand why they all chose Baylor knowing that competition for playing time was going to be so fierce....if Kim can't get to a final with this group then I just don't know if she ever will..
Don't you mean ever AGAIN? I mean, she does have 2 titles, and those are especially hard to acquire without making the finals.

Reaction Score
Don't you mean ever AGAIN? I mean, she does have 2 titles, and those are especially hard to acquire without making the finals.

I'm not sure she will ever accrue much better talent then this.........

Reaction Score
do you think Brown

Mulkey is a throwback. Seems like she's from the backwoods with her fashion style. Very odd. Is she originally from Louisiana? As weird as she seems she obviously knows how to attract talent. I think Lauren Cox is kind of strange as a player. I'm also not sold on K. Brown being a force in the WNBA unless she really improves. That freshman front line is going to be very good though.

Cox is immature and conceited? Can you please elaborate? Also, how does she need to improve more to be a force?

Reaction Score
I really think that once DeCosta is well we will see these 8 the most.... Brown, Cox, Richards, Landrum, and Jackson. With first two off the bench being Smith & DeCosta. Cox has been moving to the 3 some. If Scott-Grayson can keep playing like the did the last game then she will be number 8.

This is by far the most talent she has ever had on a team at once. However, our achilles heal is the lack of true PG. I think Jackson is getting better and better, however it is not an easy position.

With Morris back next year they will be just as strong. Loosing Kalani will hurt, but the fab 5 will be sophomores and we will be able to spread the floor more.

Reaction Score
I really think that once DeCosta is well we will see these 8 the most.... Brown, Cox, Richards, Landrum, and Jackson. With first two off the bench being Smith & DeCosta. Cox has been moving to the 3 some. If Scott-Grayson can keep playing like the did the last game then she will be number 8.

This is by far the most talent she has ever had on a team at once. However, our achilles heal is the lack of true PG. I think Jackson is getting better and better, however it is not an easy position.

With Morris back next year they will be just as strong. Loosing Kalani will hurt, but the fab 5 will be sophomores and we will be able to spread the floor more.

yes you sure can't use the excuse of losing Brown next year with all of that other front line talent................most other coaches would kill to have one of those players!!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
do you think Brown

Mulkey is a throwback. Seems like she's from the backwoods with her fashion style. Very odd. Is she originally from Louisiana? As weird as she seems she obviously knows how to attract talent. I think Lauren Cox is kind of strange as a player.
[ ] I'm also not sold on K. Brown being a force in the WNBA unless she really improves. That freshman front line is going to be very good though.
Sorry. I saw some of Cox's HS games and all of her international games. That young lady is a playa whose health concerns has highly inhibited her progress and her ability to get into basketball shape. Every time I see her now it just saddens me. I see a great player bound by a disease sapping her skills. I still hold out hope that she can somehow overcome the limitations imposed on her by this disease and push back all the naysayers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It doesn't appear that they are projected by Mulkey as playing the same position. Decosta will be playing the 3. It appears Mulkey is transitioning her to the parameter. She is more dangerous in space off the dribble than playing with her back to the basket. This was evident by her showing during the 3X3 Worlds. She also has good court vision to find her teammates and passes the ball very well.

Reaction Score
Cox is a good player, but she has been overly physical in some games I’ve seen, and someone could have gotten hurt.

Reaction Score
It doesn't appear that they are projected by Mulkey as playing the same position. Decosta will be playing the 3. It appears Mulkey is transitioning her to the parameter. She is more dangerous in space off the dribble than playing with her back to the basket. This was evident by her showing during the 3X3 Worlds. She also has good court vision to find her teammates and passes the ball very well.

I know she's fantastic driving to the basket but if she plays outside she's going to have to prove she can shoot it otherwise defenders will just back off anticipating the drive.......................

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Sorry. I saw some of Cox's HS games and all of her international games. That young lady is a playa whose health concerns has highly inhibited her progress and her ability to get into basketball shape. Every time I see her now it just saddens me. I see a great player bound by a disease sapping her skills. I still hold out hope that she can somehow overcome the limitations imposed on her by this disease and push back all the naysayers.

Now there's someone that knows what they are talking about. Most forget Cox has a bad disease. You will see this year, Cox is wearing a monitor on her arm wrapped up with tape, as last year the monitor constantly fell off her hip during the games. The trainer has a gauge in his hands at all times reading her numbers. Many times at half time Cox will need apple juice, or something along those lines to keep her numbers decent. This team has put a lot of work in with Cox on this issue and it's been great to see. They (trainer) monitors Cox 24/7. They know when she eats, drinks, and removes her monitor (which is a no no). How many young girls could handle this throughout their college days? I give Cox quite a bit of credit for sticking with it, along with being an honor roll student.

Reaction Score
Now there's someone that knows what they are talking about. Most forget Cox has a bad disease. You will see this year, Cox is wearing a monitor on her arm wrapped up with tape, as last year the monitor constantly fell off her hip during the games. The trainer has a gauge in his hands at all times reading her numbers. Many times at half time Cox will need apple juice, or something along those lines to keep her numbers decent. This team has put a lot of work in with Cox on this issue and it's been great to see. They (trainer) monitors Cox 24/7. They know when she eats, drinks, and removes her monitor (which is a no no). How many young girls could handle this throughout their college days? I give Cox quite a bit of credit for sticking with it, along with being an honor roll student.

she really suffered her freshman year while they tried to figure out her work load and her monitoring................ I think she looks great out there now in comparison...................it's like night and day

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom