OT: Any Nintendo Switch owners? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Any Nintendo Switch owners?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Get hollow knight...best $10 you'll spend on a game

Never played fortnite so can't help u there. Never seen that error message either and I've downloaded most of my games...which I no longer have time to play with a baby...

I hear you. In 7 years they will want the new kids item. The Switch will be old n dead. Troubleshooting is a pain. It reloads plays, then the next day is corrupt. No clue. I’m trying with SD card n without, then I guess I’ll ring them for support & see if they can help.

Reaction Score
My.sister bought a wii when it first came out and I played a little. Never really thought Nintendo has enough 3rd party games to really keep interest in system long term. Seems like they put out the usual Mario kart, smash Bros, Zelda, Metroid etc than move on to the next system
I hear you and even I skipped the Wii U (just seemed like a stopgap HD cash in until their next real console release, the Switch), but their 1st party stuff is soooooo good that it’s almost always worth the cost of entry. Every proper Mario and Zelda incarnation are always some of the best games of that generation. Probably will get a Switch next Black Friday once it hopefully drops in price.

Grab your sister’s Wii and buy the two Mario Galaxy games that came out, even now there aren’t many better crafted and fun platformers out there.

Reaction Score
I hear you and even I skipped the Wii U (just seemed like a stopgap HD cash in until their next real console release, the Switch), but their 1st party stuff is soooooo good that it’s almost always worth the cost of entry. Every proper Mario and Zelda incarnation are always some of the best games of that generation. Probably will get a Switch next Black Friday once it hopefully drops in price.

Grab your sister’s Wii and buy the two Mario Galaxy games that came out, even now there aren’t many better crafted and fun platformers out there.
The switch was worth it for breath of the wild alone. I have beat that and Mario Odyssey. I haven't picked it up since and I don't regret the purchase whatsoever. Once Metroid and the new Pokemon game come out it will be worth it all over again

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
The switch was worth it for breath of the wild alone. I have beat that and Mario Odyssey. I haven't picked it up since and I don't regret the purchase whatsoever. Once Metroid and the new Pokemon game come out it will be worth it all over again

Sent you 2 updates private.

Reaction Score
Switch has some incredibe games. Wish I wasn’t a semi-adult because breathe of wild is incredible. Mario odessey makes me dizzy.

If you have kids 8-13, gotta get Super Smash, Mario kart and Mario party. Under no circumstances do you spend any cash at all on 1-2 switch. Maybe .99 cents.

Hate to say this, if you like madden or 2k games, go native with Xbox or ps4. The wwe 2k18 for a switch is awful. 2k18 was fun, but sons new Xbox and nba and wwe 2k19 is incredible.

But if you have time, Zelda is worth the cost of the switch and game.

Reaction Score
I have a 5tb hard drive that hooks to a wii - with every wii game and pretty much every game from most systems (that can be emulated on a wii) - used it like twice.

Reaction Score
I’m actually a grown up so nah.
Hey dinosaur, apparently you're not aware that the average age of people that play video games is 35. Im a "grown up"who pays bills and has a job. I own a ps4 and play on the weekends. If its not your thing that's fine but don't knock others for not being "grown up"

Reaction Score
My.sister bought a wii when it first came out and I played a little. Never really thought Nintendo has enough 3rd party games to really keep interest in system long term. Seems like they put out the usual Mario kart, smash Bros, Zelda, Metroid etc than move on to the next system

That’s been an issue for Nintendo for a long time. No one does first party games as well as they do though.

Reaction Score

Pokémon Lets Go is out now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom